Forum > Food

Chia seeds wtf

<< < (6/6)

Run Amok:
Honestly, I do not really "get" chia seeds as a necessary part of a diet. If you like them, great. But I think the most common way to eat them is as a pudding with a lot of added sweetener & fat so I'm not sure chia pudding is superior to other sorts of pudding or even something like overnight oats. To me, the texture & taste tends to be pretty similar to something like bircher meusli-- more like sweet, cold, poridge, than custard.  Also, they are pretty calorie dense and I just do not have a need for calorie dense foods, especially as a transport vehicle for additional sugar & fat, as I am generally a pretty "easy keeper". For me, increasing my fiber via more veggies & a limited amount of legumes & whole grains is better bang for my buck.

I think there is a chia lobby that got a lot of instagram influencers on board which is driving the whole chia thing, personally. But maybe I'm crazy.

BonitaApplebum:
So I tried it! I did the coconut milk + chia seeds in a jar, with some honey and cinnamon as recommended. It's pretty decent, I don't mind the texture at all. And it has provided some digestive benefits.

How long does this stuff last in the fridge? I think I made too much, if I'm only doing a few spoonfuls at a time.

BonitaApplebum:
Hmm maybe too many benefits...

radial:

--- Quote from: BonitaApplebum on April 27, 2018, 08:58:58 AM ---Hmm maybe too many benefits...

--- End quote ---

:roll:  Like the time I ate a large bowl of shelled edamame and learned just how allergic I was to soy.  Should have scheduled a colonoscopy the day after.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version