Author Topic: changing footstrike - opinions?  (Read 8347 times)

Offline hot dog eating face off

• I Can't now, I'm Busy Posting
Re: changing footstrike - opinions?
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2017, 05:08:10 PM »
jerk

this is why I wish this place had a Like button.

Offline Arrojo

• The Runners
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2017, 02:12:13 PM »
Have you tried orthotics?  A.R.T. for your feet?  These could solve your problems.
I would get drunk on Bud Light with Dylan Mulvaney.

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2017, 03:03:13 PM »
Have you tried orthotics?  A.R.T. for your feet?  These could solve your problems.

I do use a spenco insole on the right (worst, at the moment) side only. I see a good sports massage therapist every 2 or 3 weeks but am not thinking about ART at this time. For one thing, I don't know of any ART practitioners in my city. But more importantly, I'm not sure the foot thing isn't a symptom of tightness/imbalance somewhere else. I am retired, and mooch off my husband; I don't want to throw $$$ at a hobby until I do my own research :-) 

Offline Fred

• Turgid
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2017, 10:53:27 AM »
This is not a hobby. This is a way of life. A religion. An activity at the center of your existence providing all the meaning in your life.

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2017, 11:16:26 AM »
This is not a hobby. This is a way of life. A religion. An activity at the center of your existence providing all the meaning in your life.

used to be. Now playing viola is my religion and way of life and super-expensive hobby. Running is something I will do until I can't do it anymore, and I want to put off that day as long as possible, but there are no other goals associated with it anymore.

Offline Handsome Jack

• The Runners
  • All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2017, 01:36:02 PM »

fuck that noise, when running is no longer viable there'll be cycling, swimming, whatever. Even if for some reason none of that is possible I'd be just fine, possibly crankier.
Winner of the 2022 Azzhat of the Year award

Offline Suesquatch

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2017, 01:41:08 PM »
My Addiction arrived today. From light cushioning to monster motion contrl. We'll see.

Offline Fred

• Turgid
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2017, 08:29:01 PM »
used to be. Now playing viola is my religion and way of life and super-expensive hobby. Running is something I will do until I can't do it anymore, and I want to put off that day as long as possible, but there are no other goals associated with it anymore.

Duh. I didn't even know it was you.

Offline Fred

• Turgid
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2017, 08:46:31 AM »
Reid Coolsaet blog:

"Yesterday I had a follow-up with my doctor to discuss my MRI and it turns out I have osteonecrosis and collapsing of the 4th metacarpal head. The end of the bone has been taking a beating and there isn’t enough blood flow in the area for the healing process to keep up with the micro-trauma of running."

https://reidcoolsaet.com/
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 08:48:04 AM by Fred »

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2017, 09:19:06 AM »
Reid Coolsaet blog:

"Yesterday I had a follow-up with my doctor to discuss my MRI and it turns out I have osteonecrosis and collapsing of the 4th metacarpal head. The end of the bone has been taking a beating and there isn’t enough blood flow in the area for the healing process to keep up with the micro-trauma of running."

https://reidcoolsaet.com/

thanks you for turning me onto this blog.

+-SUPPORT US