Forum > Food

Thanksgiving Menu!

(1/5) > >>

Cool Foot Luke:
My first time hosting thanksgiving!

I have decided to have our grocery store cook the turkey. They do an organic, free range thing and I'd just as soon not deal with THAT stress/mess

I just made imitation Red Lobster cheddar bay biscuits, and having learned a bit from the first go at the recipe, I'm confident I can pull that off easily.

Pumpkin pie!

Green bean casserole! (A family tradition)

Stuffing!

Cranberry sauce!

Rosemary-garlic mashed potatoes!

Brussels sprouts with bacon and maple pecan glaze!

Probably also a salad that I made for a work potluck a while back. Various greens, oranges, and pomegranate seeds. Must find the recipe again. It was a big hit, and the light freshness is a nice contrast to the usual thanksgiving fare.

BonitaApplebum:
I love that you started this thread! I just sent out invites to my Saturday before thanksgiving party.

How many guests are you expecting? That salad sounds really interesting.

diablita:
It's time to start planning, isn't it?

Amazing that this is your first time hosting, Luke

Cool Foot Luke:

--- Quote from: BonitaApplebum on October 29, 2017, 08:31:36 PM ---I love that you started this thread! I just sent out invites to my Saturday before thanksgiving party.

How many guests are you expecting? That salad sounds really interesting.

--- End quote ---

5 for sure, but I'll post a week or so before to pick up any friends who don't have somewhere to go.

Typically I go do something fun over thanksgiving, but my parents are traveling here this year, so my first time.

monster2:

--- Quote from: Cool Foot Luke on October 29, 2017, 07:43:10 PM ---My first time hosting thanksgiving!

I have decided to have our grocery store cook the turkey. They do an organic, free range thing and I'd just as soon not deal with THAT stress/mess

I just made imitation Red Lobster cheddar bay biscuits, and having learned a bit from the first go at the recipe, I'm confident I can pull that off easily.

Pumpkin pie!

Green bean casserole! (A family tradition)

Stuffing!

Cranberry sauce!

Rosemary-garlic mashed potatoes!

Brussels sprouts with bacon and maple pecan glaze!

Probably also a salad that I made for a work potluck a while back. Various greens, oranges, and pomegranate seeds. Must find the recipe again. It was a big hit, and the light freshness is a nice contrast to the usual thanksgiving fare.

--- End quote ---
Do you have gravy??

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version