Forum > The Open Pub

Sagan Threepeats!

<< < (2/3) > >>

VP of Tea:
And he didn’t have a heart attack. RIP Michael Goolaerts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VP of Tea:
So many crashes at PR, no? Riding those crazy cobbles looks massively uncomfortable. I had to pass over more regular cobbles sometimes riding my bike growing up, but these are a whole different thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ctjim:
George, what was your fave PR memory ? Was it the time you tried to ride it without handlebars ?

:D

Mrtambourineman:
I read an interview with the second place finisher and was really interested in hearing what he said it was like following Sagan through the cobbles.  Apparently Sagan doesn't brake for the corners in the cobbles - he just lets up a bit and then puts the hammer down after the corner. 

ctjim:

--- Quote from: Mrtambourineman on April 16, 2018, 03:08:57 PM ---I read an interview with the second place finisher and was really interested in hearing what he said it was like following Sagan through the cobbles.  Apparently Sagan doesn't brake for the corners in the cobbles - he just lets up a bit and then puts the hammer down after the corner. 

--- End quote ---

It was pretty cool to watch. The kid would take pulls on the pavement, but when they hit the cobbles he would just hang on for dear life.
It worked for him/them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version