Author Topic: Beer  (Read 49494 times)

siamesedream

Re: Beer
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2017, 06:32:12 PM »
I dunno...I'd call it "kicked up ranch." It's viscous and like salsa mixed with ranch. Surprisingly, not awful. :D

I fear ranch, hold me. :D

ZiggyStardust

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2017, 06:59:36 PM »
I fear ranch, hold me. :D
I'm not certain it's ranch-based, it could be sour cream. It's slightly whiter salsa. :D

But I'm in for the night. Early baseball action tomorrow--I imagine a hangover would make Minor B ball well-nigh unbearable! :panic:
:D

siamesedream

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2017, 01:54:42 PM »
I'm not certain it's ranch-based, it could be sour cream. It's slightly whiter salsa. :D

But I'm in for the night. Early baseball action tomorrow--I imagine a hangover would make Minor B ball well-nigh unbearable! :panic:

Did youse win?

ZiggyStardust

Beer
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2017, 03:35:48 PM »

Did youse win?
My kid says yes; technically, there's no scorekeeping. But, every inning we went through the entire batting lineup. Our guys have good emerging fielding skills (though many still get a bit paralyzed once they get the ball if there's multiple bases they could throw to...but, they're 7 and 8 years old and newish to anything besides "always throw to first." :D ) and we've got some great hitters. The opposing team, though, was not very skilled--very few good hitters (a lot of questionable form) and ...nascent "baseball sense" in the field.

Just back from the local brewery's Oktoberfest. Me husband tried their seasonal brew. I had a Diet Coke whilst listening to the oompah band. :D

siamesedream

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2017, 03:42:26 PM »
My kid says yes; technically, there's no scorekeeping. But, every inning we went through the entire batting lineup. Our guys have good emerging fielding skills (though many still get a bit paralyzed once they get the ball if there's multiple bases they could throw to...but, they're 7 and 8 years old and newish to anything besides "always throw to first." :D ) and we've got some great hitters. The opposing team, though, was not very skilled--very few good hitters (a lot of questionable form) and ...nascent "baseball sense" in the field.

Just back from the local brewery's Oktoberfest. Me husband tried their seasonal brew. I had a Diet Coke whilst listening to the oompah band. :D

Did you wear lederhosen?

There's a pretty good Oktoberfest in Reading, PA. I went many years and enjoyed food, beer, and the oompah loompa band!

ZiggyStardust

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2017, 03:56:41 PM »
Did you wear lederhosen?

There's a pretty good Oktoberfest in Reading, PA. I went many years and enjoyed food, beer, and the oompah loompa band!
The 'nard's oktoberfest used to be more of a street fair, where the Main Street was shut down and vendors set up booths. Now, it's all been moved to the parking lot of the local brewery. There's the same handful of cheesy carnival rides and sketchy carnies from the town carnival back in July. And, beyond that, a beer garden/pig roast with oompah band. The brewery tapped their Oktoberfest brew today (the husband gave it a thumbs-up).
The town O'fest felt like more of a "downtown" event, which I think was good for the town; now, it feels segregated to the brewery. Plus, sketchy carnies. But, the husband and I demolished a couple dudes at cornhole.  :D

siamesedream

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2017, 04:02:43 PM »
The 'nard's oktoberfest used to be more of a street fair, where the Main Street was shut down and vendors set up booths. Now, it's all been moved to the parking lot of the local brewery. There's the same handful of cheesy carnival rides and sketchy carnies from the town carnival back in July. And, beyond that, a beer garden/pig roast with oompah band. The brewery tapped their Oktoberfest brew today (the husband gave it a thumbs-up).
The town O'fest felt like more of a "downtown" event, which I think was good for the town; now, it feels segregated to the brewery. Plus, sketchy carnies. But, the husband and I demolished a couple dudes at cornhole.  :D

Was Pennywise drinking a beer in the corner? I've never played cornhole.

The Reading Oktoberfest is held at a local brewery.

ZiggyStardust

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2017, 04:07:14 PM »

Was Pennywise drinking a beer in the corner? I've never played cornhole.

The Reading Oktoberfest is held at a local brewery.
Pennywise would've fit in better when it was a Main Street event--plenty of storm drains and balloons. :D

The whole pigs being roasted provided something of a Lord of the Flies element today, though. :D

siamesedream

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2017, 04:12:44 PM »
Pennywise would've fit in better when it was a Main Street event--plenty of storm drains and balloons. :D

The whole pigs being roasted provided something of a Lord of the Flies element today, though. :D

ZiggyStardust

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2017, 06:39:14 PM »
Iz Diet Coke beer?

(In fairness, I had an imperial IPA before dinner) :D

siamesedream

« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2017, 08:02:50 PM »
Chicken enchilada, or burrito?

ZiggyStardust

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2017, 08:05:55 PM »
Chicken enchilada, or burrito?
Grimm Afterimage DIPA at ye Irish pub pre-dinner.

Then, pollo verde burrito.

siamesedream

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2017, 08:08:59 PM »
Grimm Afterimage DIPA at ye Irish pub pre-dinner.

Then, pollo verde burrito.

I still have to pick up stuff for nachos on Sunday, sports day. ;)

ZiggyStardust

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2017, 08:11:55 PM »
I still have to pick up stuff for nachos on Sunday, sports day. ;)
I have to grocery shop on Sunday. Ain't no snacking, Sunday or any day, chez moi!

siamesedream

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2017, 08:15:21 PM »
I have to grocery shop on Sunday. Ain't no snacking, Sunday or any day, chez moi!

I'll make a huge amount and call it dinner.

ZiggyStardust

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2017, 08:18:45 PM »
I'll make a huge amount and call it dinner.
If I didn't have other people who live with me, I'd do that. Cottage cheese and crackers every night!

siamesedream

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2017, 08:22:50 PM »
If I didn't have other people who live with me, I'd do that. Cottage cheese and crackers every night!

Maybe I'll throw in some ground beef, go wild!

ZiggyStardust

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2017, 08:25:00 PM »
Maybe I'll throw in some ground beef, go wild!
Whoa, there, cowboy! Next thing, you'll be sipping from someone else's coffee at the WaWa... :D

siamesedream

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2017, 08:27:01 PM »
Whoa, there, cowboy! Next thing, you'll be sipping from someone else's coffee at the WaWa... :D

I like to sneak up and stick my tongue in other people's dairy products. The dairy dipper, they call me.

ZiggyStardust

« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2017, 08:32:53 PM »

+-SUPPORT US