Author Topic: Brunch!  (Read 7325 times)

Offline rocketgirl

• The Runners
Re: Brunch!
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2017, 05:19:07 PM »
I would reach out to people individually and get a better sense of their commitment level

They're hashers.  I don't have hardly anyone's individual contact information.  And they are a flighty bunch.  It's hard to tell if you'll get 1 person or 30.  But I put it out in plenty of time rather than last minute and I guess I expected better.

I'm tempted to just cancel.  Except I want to make the recipe Amy posted and have an excuse to buy things like maple bacon.
Ellen stole my joy and I want it back!

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2017, 06:24:41 PM »
Could you follow up in some way and encourage people to update their rsvps now that the date is near?

Offline rocketgirl

• The Runners
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2017, 02:07:25 PM »
I did that Tuesday.  But I will entice later this afternoon with pictures of goodies purchased.  Worse comes to worse, my coworkers eat well Monday.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2017, 02:18:44 PM »
I'm with 'bou -- quiche is the way to go here. And breakfast burrito bar sounds awesome.

Offline seattlegirl

• The Runners
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2017, 03:46:44 PM »
I posted this in the wrong thread!:

If you come up with a 9x13" Pyrex, this cake has been a hit at potluck brunches:

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/blueberry-crumb-cake/

Anyway, the lack of RSVPing would irritate me, too.

Offline rocketgirl

• The Runners
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2017, 11:55:31 AM »
So, the boyfriend estimated guests at 6-8.  We had 7, although one of them just ran in with some delicious smoked meat and ran back out.  (Apparently, he'd made a bunch of food for a family thing, and then his family decided to eat out).

So, we made the strata.  It needed a bit more spicyness, but was good.  We had about 2/3 left over though.

And blueberry bread (basically blueberry muffin mix with slightly different directions, baked in a loaf pan).  The silicon loaf pans are pretty nifty as it turns out.

And bourbon maple bacon.

And we found frozen biscuits instead of the canned ones.  And per a restaurant owner we know, we just used the gravy packets and added pre-cooked sausage crumbles.

And some frozen fruit.

And many, many sparkling alcohol mimosa-type beverages.  (We had orange juice, pineapple juice, and cranberry juice). 

Guests brought a breakfast casserole, proscuitto wrapped cheese, fruit, and more bubbly (in addition to the aforementioned smoked meat).

Then we played Disturbed Friends and Cards Against Humanity.    It was fun. 
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 11:59:15 AM by rocketgirl »

+-SUPPORT US