Author Topic: Easter food  (Read 4748 times)

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
Easter food
« on: March 24, 2016, 08:37:11 PM »
Hot cross buns. Never made them, never eaten them, any good fool proof recipes? I will not be eating these either, but making them.

Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline witchypoo

• The Runners
  • benign librarian overlord
Re: Easter food
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 08:45:08 PM »
darina allen's are great.  i don't have the energy to crawl downstairs and find my cook book, so here's one of hers i found online.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/foodanddrink/darinaallen/darina-allens-hot-cross-buns-387522.html

Offline rocketgirl

• The Runners
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 08:47:19 PM »
Hot cross buns. Never made them, never eaten them, any good fool proof recipes? I will not be eating these either, but making them.

I made some in high school from the Boston Cooking School cookbook (probably one from the '60s).  I don't know what happened, but they came out really salty.  Fortunately, I accidentally used the wrong (sweeter) frosting recipe, so as long as you had a bite with plenty of frosting, they weren't completely terrible.  But they weren't good either.
Ellen stole my joy and I want it back!

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 08:53:17 PM »
I'm bringing spanakopita. Because I've got nothing better to do than futz around with phyllo, apparently.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 06:09:32 AM »
thanks Witchy!
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2016, 06:10:33 AM »

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2016, 09:55:13 AM »

Offline fancypants

• The Runners
    • Unanswered Flurry
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2016, 10:20:19 AM »
That cake looks yummy.

We're having waffles, mixed fruit and whipped cream, mini fritattas and coffee cake
I don't have time for laundry; I'm trying to have a great life.

http://herheiness.wordpress.com/

Offline witchypoo

• The Runners
  • benign librarian overlord
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2016, 02:42:42 PM »
i'm making chicken slop with savory lemon biscuits, green salad, and a coconut cake.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2016, 05:38:06 PM »
OH I forgot, I make "colcanon puffs" for St Patty's day and DD wants that tomorrow :D

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2016, 10:11:43 AM »
Was thinking of this for dessert
https://www.nigella.com/recipes/easter-egg-nest-cake
I  made this but made it dairy free and used coconut milk (in the can, full fat) instead of cream and it did not work so well so I had to tinker with it. End product delicious. Better in the fridge than at room temp.

+-SUPPORT US