Author Topic: Time Lapse  (Read 5166 times)

Offline Hotspur

• Incredibly Obsessive Poster
  • C'mon You Spurs!
Time Lapse
« on: March 24, 2013, 12:21:55 PM »
anyone do any time lapse? i think it is cool, just started experimenting. bought a cheap intervalometer on amazon, waiting for it to arrive, but did this with the canon software that comes with the camera. had to be tethered to the PC, but got some clouds and sunset sky changing. i can't wait to get out in the field and try some new stuff. i have been watching HDR time lapse tutorials on vimeo. lots of cool stuff out there.

sunset1

Offline Hotspur

• Incredibly Obsessive Poster
  • C'mon You Spurs!
Re: Time Lapse
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 10:28:45 PM »
i did this the other night at my friend's house in ocean city nj.  almost 1200 photos at 24 frames per second. fun!  i did it in 4 batches. i set the timer to take 300 shots, i think the first clip was one shot per second, the second one was 2 seconds and not sure about the last 2.  batch edited the photos in paintshop pro, changed the aspect ratio to 16:9 and then used picasa movie maker (it has a time lapse feature) to create the movie and resize it at 1920 x 1080 (1080p).  next i want to try some HDR time lapse.

my my movie

Offline badger

• NTTAWWT
Time Lapse
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 09:30:08 PM »
Neat! Looking forward to seeing more.
After all, one rarely boils a penis before insertion. - nnej

I routinely smash mirrors while walking underneath ladders just to fuck with the cosmos. - ZiggyStardust

Offline omega lambda

• The Runners
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 11:59:51 PM »
Very cool!  I haven't ever tried it.  Keep 'em coming.  :D

Offline The Turtle Whisperer

• Passed on to another Brane
  • has no fucks to give
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 09:19:10 AM »
Dragging this one up... Hotspur, are you still messing with Time Lapse?

I'm going back to Northern New Mexico in August and I'm going to try and do a bunch of different day and night shots.  I don't have a dolly or rail, but I have pre-ordered this Genie mini

I shot a few last trip and they were ok, but they really needed some better post processing. 

People put a lot less effort into picking apart evidence that confirms what they already believe.

The money is in the division. Always has been, always will be. Divide and rule, the politician cries; unite and lead, is the watchword of the wise.

• has no fucks to give
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 09:28:42 AM »
This was my first one... marginal, but a good learning experience.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbOmPO5RLRM
People put a lot less effort into picking apart evidence that confirms what they already believe.

The money is in the division. Always has been, always will be. Divide and rule, the politician cries; unite and lead, is the watchword of the wise.

• has no fucks to give
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2016, 07:59:17 AM »
In the last couple of years I've spent a lot of my vacation time shooting Time Lapse stuff.  Probably close to 45,000 images.  Here's a short one...

+-SUPPORT US