Author Topic: Blue Cheese Cheesecake  (Read 2352 times)

Offline rocketgirl

• The Runners
Blue Cheese Cheesecake
« on: March 01, 2019, 11:57:54 PM »
I couldn't find the recipe that I worked from last time I made one (probably 2 years ago), so I pretty much just guessed.  It is pretty hard to mess up cheesecake.

Last time I made the blue cheese cheesecake, the recipe called for gargonzola dolce which is insanely expensive, so I ended up using cream cheese and roquefort, which was too strong.

This time, I am using cream cheese and Italian Gorgonzola.  I'm not sure this is strong enough!  But anyway, it's basically a NY cheesecake with maple bacon and the Italian Gorgonzola.  It is in the oven.  When it is done, I will garnish with the rest of the bacon, and maybe some thyme (although I'll have to go out in the yard in the dark and see if any is active right now - I don't think it is - I could garnish with rosemary, I guess, but thyme would be better.

Tomorrow, I am going to separately caramelize sweet onions and also pears to bring to serve with.  I am going to a wine and cheese party for a friend's birthday tomorrow night and we were all supposed to bring fancy cheese (so I'm doing the cheesecake).  When I made the previous blue cheese cheesecake, caramelized onions were the perfect topping.

I started this a bit late this evening, but it'll have to go in the fridge overnight, so doing it tomorrow was out.
Ellen stole my joy and I want it back!

Offline rocketgirl

• The Runners
Re: Blue Cheese Cheesecake
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 12:34:45 AM »
Huh.  It has browned a lot more on top than the ordinary cheesecake...

Offline rocketgirl

• The Runners
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 12:55:37 AM »
I think I needed at least another half block of cream cheese and 1 less egg.  It cooked faster and browned than I am used to.  Smells really good though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline caribougrrl

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 01:56:28 PM »
if I saw that on the cheese table, I'd definitely try it

Offline Natasha

• The Runners
    • Pisces Blog
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2019, 07:17:33 PM »
Sounds interesting. What kind of crust? Is it sweet?

Offline rocketgirl

• The Runners
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 11:00:31 PM »
Crust is crushed Graham cracker with butter and bacon grease.  Filling is 2 cream cheese, ~ 10 oz Italian gorgonzola, 3 eggs, splash of bourbon, splash of lemon juice and 1/4 cup of flour, and crumbled maple bacon.  Maple bacon on top.  Served with caramelized onion and caramelized pear.  It was missing something, but not sure what.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline hally

• NTTAWWT
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2019, 10:00:41 AM »
It was missing me having a taste!
“A good coat is like a good lawyer. it covers your ass.”_Jack Reacher, Without Fail

"There is no bad weather, only bad clothing choices"_hally

+-SUPPORT US