Forum > Food

Holiday baking and other food prep

(1/66) > >>

caribougrrl:
Now that there's less than a month left, we can start talking about this right?

I made sugar plums yesterday!  They taste pretty good now, so once they are good and ripe, they should be fabulous.

2 c. nuts, coarsely ground (any combination of almonds, pecans, hazelnuts or walnuts)
4 c. dried fruit, finely chopped (figs, prunes, dates, apricots, cherries)
5-6 slices crystallized ginger, chopped finely
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
zest of one small orange
4 tbsp orange liqueur
granulated sugar for dusting

Mix all ingredients together well.  Add more liqueur as needed to make the mixture stick together.  Roll into small slightly oblong shapes (the size of a truffle, but egg shaped, or more to the point, plum shaped).  Coat with granulated sugar, let air dry ~2 hrs, store in an airtight container at room temp for a week then in the refrigerator for up to 3 additional weeks, or in the freezer for longer.

witchypoo:
i will probably make fruitcake this coming weekend, and then start churning out christmas cookies (pecan tarts, russian tea cakes, linzer tarts, and pepparkakor).

caribougrrl:

--- Quote from: witchypoo on November 28, 2011, 10:13:54 AM ---i will probably make fruitcake this coming weekend, and then start churning out christmas cookies (pecan tarts, russian tea cakes, linzer tarts, and pepparkakor).

--- End quote ---

our fruitcake is rum-aging already... we were strangely organized this year

I'm considering making egg nog fudge to gift up with the sugar plums, but I've never really done a truly successful fudge.

witchypoo:
the one 100% reliable fudge recipe i have is the one supplied on the back of marshmallow fluff containers.  it's way too sweet, and i won't eat it - it surprises me how popular it is.

merigayle:
i have never made fluff fudge but read the fluff container many times :D

I am having a Christmas cookie exchange party in a couple weeks, i cannot wait!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version