Forum > Running

Base Build Up: From Jogger to Runner

<< < (2/7) > >>

iwuzwilson:

--- Quote from: brainwashed troglodyte on November 28, 2012, 06:26:35 PM ---Cool, sounds about right.  I'll probably do mile repeats or something from time to time just for the sake of mixing it up, but mostly I'll stick with the sustained tempo efforts.  Like you said, you don't get those recovery opportunities in a race, so I feel more value in the longer effort. 

And it's 'troggie'!  :grr:

--- End quote ---

Oh and to your original question. The shorter tempo reps are just a way to introduce yourself to faster than easy running so that's why they're in there. More continuous stuff in the peak volume and specific phases.

Run Amok:
What is the block equivilant to 80-100m?

--- Quote from: brainwashed troglodyte on November 28, 2012, 06:26:35 PM ---And it's 'troggie'!  :grr:

--- End quote ---

:buttpat:

nadra's babydaddy:

--- Quote from: Rogers Wilson Kikbuti on November 28, 2012, 07:40:57 PM ---Oh and to your original question. The shorter tempo reps are just a way to introduce yourself to faster than easy running so that's why they're in there. More continuous stuff in the peak volume and specific phases.

--- End quote ---

Gotcha, so I'm just skipping ahead to the fun stuff!  :smokin:

droopy:
This is great Wilson! though it doesn't really address people who want to remain 75mpw joggers like me.  :)

nadra's babydaddy:
Stick to ultras, bitch!  You win by jogging  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version