Forum > Food

miso vs. soy bean paste

(1/2) > >>

Ice Cream:
I went to then Asian supermarket and got some soy bean paste in a jar, from the shelves, not refrigerated.  I assumed the product was miso, but DH thinks it isn't.  He thinks it's not fermented.  The product is from Korea.  Any ideas about this?  Google search did not help me. 

I did not taste it yet, because I still have an open container of miso in the fridge.

radial:

--- Quote from: Ice Cream on December 08, 2012, 08:05:12 PM ---I went to then Asian supermarket and got some soy bean paste in a jar, from the shelves, not refrigerated.  I assumed the product was miso, but DH thinks it isn't.  He thinks it's not fermented.  The product is from Korea.  Any ideas about this?  Google search did not help me. 

I did not taste it yet, because I still have an open container of miso in the fridge.

--- End quote ---

What do you do with miso?  I mean other than making soup. 

Ice Cream:
I make soup with it and also coat salmon with it before grilling.

radial:

--- Quote from: Ice Cream on December 08, 2012, 08:11:34 PM ---I make soup with it and also coat salmon with it before grilling.

--- End quote ---

Mmm, that sounds good. 

mango:

--- Quote from: Ice Cream on December 08, 2012, 08:05:12 PM ---I went to then Asian supermarket and got some soy bean paste in a jar, from the shelves, not refrigerated.  I assumed the product was miso, but DH thinks it isn't. He thinks it's not fermented. The product is from Korea.  Any ideas about this?  Google search did not help me. 

--- End quote ---
You mean something like this?

If so, it's doenjang, a traditional Korean fermented soybean paste.

Make jjigae with it:

If not, have no idea.
Post a picture of the jar you bought.
Maybe it'll say what it is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version