Forum > Food

What are your most commonly used herbs/spices/pantry staples?

<< < (2/6) > >>

picote:
I just googled gochujang and realized this is one of our heavily used ones too. We add it to mayo/yogurt/sour cream along with garlic and lemon juice for a sauce with a kick. I should have added ponzu as well, though I’m looking for more ways to use it.

I feel like I need to be using more cumin in our regular cooking. It seems to be in lots of food I like but don’t cook at home often. What do you use it for regularly?

radial:
Vadouvan, a spice blend developed in the part of India that was colonized by the French.  It's a fusion of flavors from both cultures.  I put it on everything from scrambled eggs to fish to roasted cauliflower.

http://chrunners.net/forum/index.php?topic=124473.msg3215556#msg3215556

picote:

--- Quote from: radial on October 04, 2020, 12:03:48 PM ---Vadouvan, a spice blend developed in the part of India that was colonized by the French.  It's a fusion of flavors from both cultures.  I put it on everything from scrambled eggs to fish to roasted cauliflower.

http://chrunners.net/forum/index.php?topic=124473.msg3215556#msg3215556

--- End quote ---
Huh, this sounds interesting. I tend to avoid spice blends, because I usually just make them myself, but it’s nice to have something easy. I just bought the mushroom umami blend from TJs and am trying to figure out how to use it.

radial:

--- Quote from: picote on October 04, 2020, 12:09:40 PM ---Huh, this sounds interesting. I tend to avoid spice blends, because I usually just make them myself, but it’s nice to have something easy. I just bought the mushroom umami blend from TJs and am trying to figure out how to use it.

--- End quote ---

I bought a little bit at first, this brand.  That was enough to get me hooked and I ended up buying a bigger stash.  If you lived closer, I would share some with you. 

witchypoo:
ooo. i forgot - grade b maple syrup

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version