Author Topic: Perpetual Healthy Eating and Fitness Rant & Rave thread  (Read 1579317 times)

Offline MikoftheWat

• The Runners
Re: Perpetual Healthy Eating and Fitness Rant & Rave thread
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2012, 11:01:38 AM »
are you anywhere near me? i would totally be open to that. i am trying to find someone to split the training costs with me right now.

I'm down in south TX at the moment, probably heading to NM shortly. The biggest piece of advice I can give you is to not be afraid to scale down the workout to your ability. Can't do puchups? Do knee pushups or something similar. Practice the more complex movements outside of a workout with a very light weight until you feel comfortable with your form.
Neglected girls shouldn't worry, it's what god made Sailors for.

They call them Aviators in the Navy.  They say they're better than pilots.
-Tom Wolfe

Offline Mom of Scooby

• The Runners
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2012, 02:20:17 PM »
If you're still doing the i-diet, this happened to me about this time also. I lost about 5lbs in 10 days and then I was stuck for the next 5 days- gained and then losth the same 1lb... finally at the end of week 2 I started to lose again. I have emailed with the i-diet folks a few times and apparently this is very common as your fat loss catches up with the water you shed initially.

Yeah.. I'm not all that upset about it.. I am not really following the I diet exactly.. using a lot of the same foods but fitting it in to  my life.. 1200-1300 is hard if I am working out for over an hour.. I did that calculation thing that was provided by the nutritionist as part of the contest and they really recommended not going below the target... I am sure I will have a good loss next week.... as long as I control myself during the super bowl!

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2012, 02:40:38 PM »
Yeah.. I'm not all that upset about it.. I am not really following the I diet exactly.. using a lot of the same foods but fitting it in to  my life.. 1200-1300 is hard if I am working out for over an hour.. I did that calculation thing that was provided by the nutritionist as part of the contest and they really recommended not going below the target... I am sure I will have a good loss next week.... as long as I control myself during the super bowl!

Makes sense. She does have 1600 and 1800 cal plans and talks about how to increase the calories. But, increasing your excercise will also have an effect. Sounds like you're doing great!!

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2012, 02:51:32 PM »
i have actually been not as hungry lately, so i think my body is adjusting, maybe yours will too, MoS? i went to Trader Joes on my way home to get a spaghetti squash to learn they do not sell them in the winter :(
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2012, 02:54:26 PM »
Does anybody use the LoseIt app to log food?

It has an AWESOME feature where you can just scan a barcode and it adds the food to your daily log. No more typing in nutritional info.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2012, 03:27:52 PM »

It has an AWESOME feature where you can just scan a barcode and it adds the food to your daily log. No more typing in nutritional info.
i do! and just read about that feature!
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2012, 04:04:42 PM »
i do! and just read about that feature!

It's SO cool. I want to run around and scan things.

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2012, 04:21:54 PM »
Here's another grumble... none of my clothes fit. I feel frumpy all the time because I'm swimming in everything. I'm loath to go out and buy new stuff though- because I'm a long way from my goal. I do have some smaller stuff that's still too small- but nuthin in between. Oh, and I have a bunch of stuff I bought at the end of november that I wore once or twice and it's all huge on me now.  :-\

Offline debbatx

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2012, 04:25:51 PM »
OMG. I just found out my paycheck didn't get direct deposited yesterday. This makes me want to eat everything in sight. Holy. Fuck.
"The moral of this story, Jamers, is time goes poof, so don't let anyone mess with what time you have." - RioG

Offline Mom of Scooby

• The Runners
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2012, 04:26:49 PM »

I use dailyburn.. which has this.. you people MUST try mealsnap.. you take a photo of your food and it estimates the calories.. so if you are out and at a party or something take a picture.. it is sooo cool. (not sure how accurate though!)

Offline seattlegirl

• The Runners
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2012, 04:27:28 PM »
Here's another grumble... none of my clothes fit. I feel frumpy all the time because I'm swimming in everything. I'm loath to go out and buy new stuff though- because I'm a long way from my goal. I do have some smaller stuff that's still too small- but nuthin in between. Oh, and I have a bunch of stuff I bought at the end of november that I wore once or twice and it's all huge on me now.  :-\

I suggest some thrift shopping for the interim.

Offline debbatx

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2012, 04:28:12 PM »

I suggest some thrift shopping for the interim.

This. Or Old Navy.
"The moral of this story, Jamers, is time goes poof, so don't let anyone mess with what time you have." - RioG

Offline MiniDriver

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2012, 04:30:44 PM »
OMG. I just found out my paycheck didn't get direct deposited yesterday. This makes me want to eat everything in sight. Holy. Fuck.

Don't eat anxiety!  After you've called all the right people at HR and the bank, use that anxiety to work out.
#minidriverisagenius

Shut up mini. Just because google changed it, doesn't mean in elementary school, we got it wrong.

She's an awful, awful human being.

I tend to trust Mini on these issues
Mini is so smart!

Offline debbatx

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2012, 04:32:07 PM »
Thanks, Mini! I've contacted HR, and nothing's going to overdraw at the bank, but Reid's day care tuition is due. It's not late until... Friday, I think, but still. I have time to transfer funds from savings if I have to.

GAAAAH.

Offline seattlegirl

• The Runners
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2012, 04:33:46 PM »
Thanks, Mini! I've contacted HR, and nothing's going to overdraw at the bank, but Reid's day care tuition is due. It's not late until... Friday, I think, but still. I have time to transfer funds from savings if I have to.

GAAAAH.

Gaaaah indeed!  This calls for the fist of fury.   :fiery:

Offline debbatx

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2012, 04:35:29 PM »
Indeed it does, SG, indeed it does. I suspect something went wonky because I submitted a request to have them split my check into two accounts. But nothing has been deposited into EITHER account, and my pay stub shows nothing. Uhhhh. WTF? If they're trying to tell me I'm fired, then: A) Very awkward; and B) I'm going the eff home.

Offline MiniDriver

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2012, 04:41:44 PM »
Indeed it does, SG, indeed it does. I suspect something went wonky because I submitted a request to have them split my check into two accounts. But nothing has been deposited into EITHER account, and my pay stub shows nothing. Uhhhh. WTF? If they're trying to tell me I'm fired, then: A) Very awkward; and B) I'm going the eff home.

Sounds like somebody transposed digits.    :fiery: 
#minidriverisagenius

Shut up mini. Just because google changed it, doesn't mean in elementary school, we got it wrong.

She's an awful, awful human being.

I tend to trust Mini on these issues
Mini is so smart!

Offline debbatx

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2012, 04:44:06 PM »
But why would the pay stub show nothing?

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2012, 04:44:55 PM »
I use dailyburn.. which has this.. you people MUST try mealsnap.. you take a photo of your food and it estimates the calories.. so if you are out and at a party or something take a picture.. it is sooo cool. (not sure how accurate though!)
that sounds neat, i want a report on the accuracy of it!

Debba- hope you get it all fixed. DH has occasional payroll issues, but they usually just issue a paper check, which is a pain since we have a hard time getting to the bank during banking hours.

Offline debbatx

« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2012, 04:47:30 PM »
Yeah, I'd take a paper check, too, and there's a bank branch across the street, so getting there on my lunch break would be totally fine. I just want an answer as to where my money is and how to get it!!!

+-SUPPORT US