Forum > Food

Give me your best dutch oven recipes

(1/4) > >>

teetime:
I am the proud new owner of a 3.5 and 5.5 quart le creuset and of a 7 quart cast iron dutch oven (the first two requested, the latter a surprise gift).  Help me christen them with something le creuset worthy!  (Our only other stove to oven covered pot is pretty light weight and I've done a braised chicken in there that was pretty good but looking to take advantage of the browning option now.)

Oh, I can't do a no-kneed bread which a year ago was behind my original interest in the 3.5 quart size and nothing else where flour can't be subbed out.

rocketgirl:
I have an enamel-coated cast iron one that's a 5 Qt I think.  I have made macaroni and cheese in it and a squash casserole (basically my mac & cheese recipe except with italian cheeses instead of jack and cheddar, and squash instead of pasta, and the addition of fresh basil).  Those are dishes that go stove to oven.  I haven't tried anything else in it.

BonitaApplebum:
First things first: what color le creuset did you get?

merigayle:
I make everything in mine! I made a sweet potato quinoa chili on Monday.

MikoftheWat:
Bratwurst
Potato
Carrot
Onion
Celery
Rehydrated white bean (or canned)
Garlic
Bay

Chop and mix together to your tastes, cover in chicken stock.  Throw on the fire for 45-60 minutes.  Let the stock reduce.  Holy shit it's good, especially for camping.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version