Author Topic: Cravings - help!  (Read 9456 times)

Offline LizardMixture

• NTTAWWT
Re: Cravings - help!
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2013, 01:37:26 PM »
A friend of mine, who's seeing her doctor about thyroid issues, told me that she'd been told (from the doc) that if you are craving sweets or hungry after a meal, it's that you had too many carbs. 

I'm not sure how true it is, but I've noticed that when I eat a carb heavy meal, I crave sweets afterwards, where when I eat a protein/veggie heavy meal, it's much better. 
I've been noticing this too lately. If I have pasta with chicken for lunnch I get really hungry soon after though it feels like I ate tons. Now I try to make sure the starch is the smaller part of a meal.

I think that like RA salads don't work for me at lunch. Even if I have chicken on top and pita on the side. Why is that? Maybe ill try to do that for dinner.

Offline onawhim

• The Runners
Re: Cravings - help!
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2013, 01:48:14 PM »
I do find this is true for me. When I cut back the refined carbs, and increased fat & protein- and stopped feeding my cravings with more carbs, it basically went away. Some of it is also habit. I wanted "something sweet" in the afternoon and would indulge in a small piece of candy or a cup of cocoa or sugary coffee. Once I have the taste of something sweet (no matter how small) then I want more. So reducing my tolerance for sweet to almost zilch also helped. A small piece of candy is sensory overload and doesn't sound good anymore (well right now I'm kind of off the wagon so that's not totally true, but normally).

I am the same way.  I would find vegan really tough now for this reason. 
Because PANTS

+-SUPPORT US