Forum > Running

To run in Toruń (ama/blog sorta)

(1/7) > >>

Coyote Mas Loco:
About to embark on my trip to run in the World Masters Athletics competition in Toruń, Poland. It's the indoor track and field championships (held every other year), but they are also hosting "nonstadia" events, an 8K cross country, 10K road race and half marathon. I signed up for all three but will likely do two of the three because that'd be a lot of racing in just 5 days. 

Here is the event website. https://wmaci2019.com/

I'm a nervous nellie right now, not about the competition--that part will take care of itself--but simply the logistics of getting there. I have a layover in Europe and not much time to get through customs to catch the flight to Warsaw. Rookie booking error. Supposedly there will be an agency hosting a 2 hr bus ride once I get to Warsaw, but details on that are sketchy. My lodging will be spartan, a dorm about 3 miles from the venues. Had a heck of at time with getting a room. They want me to show up by 8 PM tomorrow or will cancel my reservation. Hope that email and phone contacts work for all that! So a bit of foreboding just to make the trip without too many hitches or delays. But hopefully in 24 hours I'll be on the bus on the way to Toruń.

I'll post up some updates as we go.

Fast Eddie:
Good luck.  Bring a lot of bribe and Uber money.   :fingers:

Richard21142:
Good Luck! :obh:

nadra's babydaddy:
GOGOGO!!!  Just channel your inner Zatopek and do it all.   :runner:

diablita:
Super excited for you!!  Good luck!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page