Forum > Running

Your favorite cold weather gear

(1/6) > >>

BonitaApplebum:
I’ve been told I need to put some items on a holiday wish list. I could use some new running gear. What’s your go-to when it’s frigid outside? What’s on your wish list?

Fast Eddie:
My Hind Drylete 1/4 zip top is something I've had for almost 20 years, and still is my main go to insulating winter top.  Saucony bought out Hind a few years ago. 

Arrojo:
SportTek JST70 Running jacket.  I’ve had it for four years now and it gets me through anything that winter can throw at me. Surprisingly inexpensive.

radial:
My favorite cold weather item is a full-zip base layer top from Smartwool.  Lightweight, comfortable, warm, it wicks, and it's long enough to cover my ass.  I like it so much that when I busted the zipper, I asked for a zipper repair as a Christmas present.  They might not make a women's version but you should order one anyway.  Down with the patriarchy!   :P

Richard21142:
Next to my skin, an Under Armour compression mock turtle neck.  This keeps the neck warm and prevents any drafts from your neck.
A 1/2 zip turtle neck (any brand) goes on top.  If the temperature is under 30, then I add a fleece vest or fleece sweater.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version