Forum > Food

Banana bag

(1/4) > >>

Ice Cream:
I saw a banana bag in the store.  Supposedly, it slows down the ripening process for ripe bananas, so that they do not get brown spots so quickly.  Anyone tried?

GeekMaster:
No, but wrapping the stem ends in plastic wrap or foil does work.  You can wrap the whole bunch or better, split the bunch and wrap each banana separately.

Magic Microbe:
Rotten overripe bananas just equal banana bread later for me so I don't worry about it....I just peel the overripe ones and shove them in the freezer.

Run Amok:

--- Quote from: Magic Microbe on August 17, 2018, 10:48:33 AM ---Rotten overripe bananas just equal banana bread later for me so I don't worry about it....I just peel the overripe ones and shove them in the freezer.

--- End quote ---

I used to do this and then never actually make banana bread and end up with 9339 over ripe bananas in my freezer for later.

Magic Microbe:

--- Quote from: Run Amok on August 17, 2018, 11:21:08 AM ---I used to do this and then never actually make banana bread and end up with 9339 over ripe bananas in my freezer for later.

--- End quote ---

You need to make banana bread!

My husband is obsessed with it so I always end up making it. Luckily the recipe I use has no fats in it other than 1 egg per loaf.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version