Forum > The Open Pub

NBA Finals time!

<< < (35/35)

ZyggiStarbucks:

--- Quote from: siamesedream on June 02, 2018, 08:24:41 PM ---The most relaxing way to watch a game. I refused to watch the iggs/vikes NFC championship game, but I couldn't resist the super bowl, even though it was sort of agonizing.

--- End quote ---
8-9:00 tip-off isn’t relaxing...my eyes are closing then on a school night. I can’t sleep in and I can’t be on autopilot if I’ve got a class.
My husband and kid are more invested, generally, in sports than I am. I’m take it or leave it 100% of the time.

siamesedream:

--- Quote from: ZyggiStarbucks on June 02, 2018, 08:29:02 PM ---8-9:00 tip-off isn’t relaxing...my eyes are closing then on a school night. I can’t sleep in and I can’t be on autopilot if I’ve got a class.
My husband and kid are more invested, generally, in sports than I am. I’m take it or leave it 100% of the time.

--- End quote ---

GSW in 6.

buzzy:
Too many weapons.

Steph and Klay are cold.  KD lights it up.

Cavs really have one chance to avoid the sweep.

--buzz

buzzy:

--- Quote from: RandMart on June 07, 2018, 09:35:22 AM ---ABC needs to step up and let Doris Burke call the play-by-play

--- End quote ---

Actually I think the play-by-play is ok.  Mike Breen does a solid job.  I have a tough time with the color commentary.  I know Van Gundy knows the game, but it is really hard for me to listen to him.  He grates on me.  Mark Jackson brings nothing to the table.  Let her replace both of the ex-coaches (3 person booths usually don't work for me. Why do the networks cram them down our throat?).  She's being wasted on the sideline.  Just my opinion.

--buzz

buzzy:

--- Quote from: RandMart on June 07, 2018, 10:57:35 AM ---I agree she's being wasted; does she do color or play-by-play for NCAA broadcasts? I can't recall right now, it's been so long since March

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure either, though as she is a former player, I'd guess color.

--buzz

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version