Author Topic: It's kind of pointless pointing out how crazy the left has become  (Read 23712 times)

Offline Mom of Scooby

• The Runners
Re: It's kind of pointless pointing out how crazy the left has become
« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2017, 05:53:31 PM »
ahem. should this type of behaviour be allowed:

http://chrunners.net/forum/index.php?topic=116102.msg2864574#new

Christ you're annoying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Mom of Scooby

• The Runners
« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2017, 05:54:57 PM »
There's Dickinson and Fairleigh Dickinson and probably Extremeleigh Dickinson somewhere...
One of my fondest memories from high school track was from the Dickinson Relays, an annual indoor meet that takes place in the UNI-dome. Sort of exciting for high school, but my buddy Erik and I were running the 3200 (like always) and it was the first event (like always). We might have also been running the 1600, but either way, we were done racing WAY early in the event. So we told our coaches we were going for a cool-down jog, then ran to downtown Cedar Falls and got a pizza, which we then brought back and lorded over people who still had to race.

My sister ran at Macalester, who competed with those other Midwestern schools. LaCrosse was strong then. Of course, this was 20 years ago...

I'm assuming this is Dickinson in pa

Offline Coyote Mas Loco

• I really have a life. It's around here someplace....
« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2017, 06:02:24 PM »
Christ you're annoying

MOS for the win! And a good point. More power to you.

4:30.9

Our last lap was a struggle at just under 91 seconds.

And speaking of annoying, I'm going to shut up for.a.while. I just set my PR for number of posts in one day. Thanks to those for participating in my stupid mile race today!
I'll stick to running, thank you.

Offline Richard21142

• The Runners
« Reply #83 on: September 14, 2017, 06:20:06 PM »
So is "kick" really a thing? I mean, if you have enough left at the end of a race for a "kick" doesn't it mean that you probably didn't make enough of an effort earlier in the race?

There is such a thing as a "kick".  When "kicking", there is a change in breathing pattern, arm action and stride length.  There have been races in which I thought I was too tired to "kick", but it was always there.  Having been a sprinter in high school and college didn't hurt; but my son and daughter have outstanding "kicks".  But one of the first things they were taught was how to sprint.

I remember in my first 5K, I was dragged through the first mile and was really hurting.  Late in the race, when I started my "kick", the runner in front of me looked back and decided I couldn't possibly catch him; I did.  We became good friends and once, while running together, he joked about my daughter "outkicking" his daughter -- "shades of the ole man" he declared.

Coyote Mas Loco I'm doing my best to keep this going.

Offline Red Tornado

• The Runners
« Reply #84 on: September 14, 2017, 06:32:42 PM »
I'm assuming this is Dickinson in pa

Yup, Dickinson College in Carlisle, PA. They compete in the Centennial Conference - a strong conference that includes Johns Hopkins and Haverford, two perennial DIII men's top 10-20 XC teams.

Offline nadra's babydaddy

• The Runners
  • Official CH Trainwreck Historian
« Reply #85 on: September 14, 2017, 06:49:06 PM »
Not to burst your bubble, but it's only page 2  :o

Offline Mom of Scooby

• The Runners
« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2017, 08:59:02 PM »
MOS for the win! And a good point. More power to you.

4:30.9

Our last lap was a struggle at just under 91 seconds.

And speaking of annoying, I'm going to shut up for.a.while. I just set my PR for number of posts in one day. Thanks to those for participating in my stupid mile race today!

I hadn't even seen your other posts until after I posted the unknown to me winner

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Mom of Scooby

• The Runners
« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2017, 08:59:45 PM »
Yup, Dickinson College in Carlisle, PA. They compete in the Centennial Conference - a strong conference that includes Johns Hopkins and Haverford, two perennial DIII men's top 10-20 XC teams.

Haverford is usually good.. I live about a mile from the campus run ( or I should say used to) all the time before my surgery

Belgian Lace

« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2017, 09:11:45 PM »
Haverford is usually good.. I live about a mile from the campus run ( or I should say used to) all the time before my surgery

My university's XC teams are consistently good, but I'm more impressed by their perfect Academic Progress Rates.

They're usually my favorite students, too.

Offline Mom of Scooby

• The Runners
« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2017, 09:26:46 PM »
My university's XC teams are consistently good, but I'm more impressed by their perfect Academic Progress Rates.

They're usually my favorite students, too.

Yeah when my daughter ran division 3 academics was a priority... no practices before a certain time so no cutting into class time... but crossing over that line from class room to field house was a really good stress reliever... they always had many academic all Americans and I remember the woman's team had a streak of multiple semesters with every team member maintaining higher than a 3.0

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2017, 09:34:32 PM »
I have a good kick but it looks like you already crossed the finish line
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline Red Tornado

• The Runners
« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2017, 11:02:30 PM »

One of the best races I've ever seen my son run was finishing second in the Centennial Conference 10,000m championship race his freshman year.  #1 was from Haverford and he outran Haverford's #2 in the last 800m to take second. 

I was at Haverford last fall for the CC XC championship race. Beautiful campus and area.

Offline Red Tornado

• The Runners
« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2017, 11:06:58 PM »
Yeah when my daughter ran division 3 academics was a priority... no practices before a certain time so no cutting into class time... but crossing over that line from class room to field house was a really good stress reliever... they always had many academic all Americans and I remember the woman's team had a streak of multiple semesters with every team member maintaining higher than a 3.0

That is definitely the thing I like about DIII.  Academics doesn't take a back seat to athletics.

Offline morefoolyou

• The Runners
  • now i'm trying to get back
    • redShirt Union
« Reply #93 on: September 15, 2017, 06:09:41 AM »
Christ you're annoying

that's what she said!
The scientific consensus might, of course, be wrong. If the history of science teaches anything, it is humility. But our grandchildren will surely blame us if they find that we understood the reality of climate change and failed to do anything about it.

Offline Suesquatch

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: September 15, 2017, 09:24:41 AM »
Rochey, I love you.

Offline Rochey

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: September 15, 2017, 10:06:55 AM »
Rochey, I love you.
LOL I just came in to check to see if my mod powers had been stripped!

Back atcha!

:hug:

Offline Arrojo

• The Runners
« Reply #96 on: September 15, 2017, 10:17:10 AM »
 :e)  I missed the race.  :(
Hockey sucks

Offline nadra's babydaddy

• The Runners
  • Official CH Trainwreck Historian
« Reply #97 on: September 16, 2017, 12:36:27 AM »
 :roll:

Offline Coyote Mas Loco

« Reply #98 on: September 25, 2017, 02:59:15 PM »
I was never a fan of the "3 miles easy" form of daily thread ... that's the kinda shorthanded note-taking bullshit you use for your fitness app

I always wanted more narrative = what did you see? How was the weather? did any interesting thoughts come across while you were in the zone?

For instance, things have been getting pretty dim on the Damn Patrol lately, with sunrise not happening until just after I've gotten home now [6:38 this particular AM]

That being said, when you see someone with bright yellow hair, it kinda gets your attention. Not blonde mind you, but Safety Lemon [I thought it was a hat at first]

Contrasting the bright hair was a black shirt, with a red & white image on the front. I couldn't make it out at first, since my specs were a little fogged, but I picked up fairly quickly that the red was the * used by the Red Hot Chili Peppers, with their name around it

As I passed, I noticed that the neon yellow-haired pedestrian was, in fact, a woman, who appeared to be in her 70s. On top of that, the black shirt had a B&W band pic on the back, indicating to me that this wasn't just a random Hot Topic or Target purchase, but legit RHCP merch

OK, if could have been a flea market or thrift store find, but either way, rock on grandmom!!!

I was a little grumpy that day so sorry to the frequent users of the daily threads.
That said, I like more of the bigger picture stuff, putting things in perspective, as well as yeah stuff that you mention.

Hey next post would be 100 - when was the last time this sub had a thread with 100 posts?

Offline Coyote Mas Loco

« Reply #99 on: September 25, 2017, 03:20:38 PM »
Thanks for bringing this over the top! 

I would have thought the backwards walking super mom infringing on the hell bent hardcore triathlete may have exceed 100 but guess not. It's still my favorite WTF incident of the decade. Yeah we might have hit 100 a couple times ca. 2010-12 when kemibe and others were still here.

+-SUPPORT US