Author Topic: Tom-free thread  (Read 19561 times)

Offline roadstrailstris

• The Runners
Tom-free thread
« on: November 01, 2016, 06:11:08 PM »
Feel free to post any topic!

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
Re: Tom-free thread
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 07:44:46 PM »
Can I take a cell phone photo of my paper ballot next week to memorialize voting for the first woman [hopefully!] president?
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 07:46:37 PM »
Can I take a cell phone photo of my paper ballot next week to memorialize voting for the first woman [hopefully!] president?

Pennsylvania. Law prohibits someone from revealing their ballot "letting it be known how" they're "about to vote." But officials recently released guidance on electronic items in polling places that noted the recent court cases that "found a First Amendment right to take 'ballot selfies.'"

http://www.king5.com/news/politics/ballot-selfies-a-look-at-where-theyre-legal-or-not/345708142

Offline roadstrailstris

• The Runners
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 07:51:45 PM »
Please reassure me that Trump isn't going to win. I'm starting to get a little nervous.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 08:21:57 PM »
Sweet! I will take a ballot selfie! :D

RTT-- i need reassurance too. I am really getting anxious. 1 week. 1 week. I can barely imagine how we will all make it thru the election.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 08:22:51 PM »
Also, in Philadelphia, there is a HUGE public transportation strike that started today. Our area makes or breaks an election result for the state of PA  :panic: Think about who the strike affects and who they usually vote for.

Offline roadstrailstris

• The Runners
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 08:38:21 PM »
Sweet! I will take a ballot selfie! :D

RTT-- i need reassurance too. I am really getting anxious. 1 week. 1 week. I can barely imagine how we will all make it thru the election.

I'm going to be a wreck by next Tuesday. I just want it to be over, and to never, ever hear about Trump again.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 08:45:48 PM »
I'm going to be a wreck by next Tuesday. I just want it to be over, and to never, ever hear about Trump again.
YES!
Except i live in Trump country and it is very scary driving around and only seeing Trump signs.  :panic: AND knowing my area is a key area for the election AND Trump was around the corner from my office today  :vomit:

Offline roadstrailstris

• The Runners
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2016, 08:51:40 PM »
YES!
Except i live in Trump country and it is very scary driving around and only seeing Trump signs.  :panic: AND knowing my area is a key area for the election AND Trump was around the corner from my office today  :vomit:

I've promised my kids that there is no way Trump- who they view as the boogyman, can win, but I am getting slightly nauseous at some of the poll numbers. We can't really have that many racist, misogynistic, anti-Semitic, low-IQ voters in this country. Can we??

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2016, 09:35:02 PM »
yes, there are plenty.  And the Tom threads are tiring already; blocking doesn't help much.
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2016, 09:50:53 PM »
ALL THE FEELS

102-year-old woman born before women could vote casts early ballot for Hillary Clinton

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/election/102-year-old-born-women-vote-casts-vote-clinton-article-1.2854464

Jerry Emmett, 102, says she's been waiting her whole life to cast her ballot for a woman. (Les Stukenberg/AP)
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 8:10 PM

PRESCOTT, Ariz. — A 102-year-old Prescott, Arizona, woman born before women gained the right to vote in America has cast her ballot early and voted for Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.

Jerry Emmett is urging other Arizonans to follow her lead and use the state's early voting system.

Emmett made headlines in July at the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia where she carried a blue-and-white sign that read "Centenarian for Hillary."

As an honorary delegate for Arizona, she announced the state's delegation was casting 51 of its 85 votes for Clinton for president.

Emmett remembers seeing her mother go to vote for the first time after the 19th Amendment guaranteeing women the right to vote was ratified in August 1920.

The retired educator says she's been waiting her whole life to cast her ballot for a woman and has been eager to vote for Clinton, who would be the nation's first female president.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2016, 06:38:23 AM »
 :heartbeat:

Offline roadstrailstris

• The Runners
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2016, 07:38:13 AM »
yes, there are plenty.  And the Tom threads are tiring already; blocking doesn't help much.

No, it doesn't b/c all his nonsense still shows up whenever anyone quotes him.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2016, 08:05:34 AM »
It is funny to open a thread and w him blocked, 80% of posts are hidden.

Listened to MSNBC on the way into work and they are all very positive Clinton will win. I need to hear that optimism especially with the Trump campaign hanging around here for a few days.

Offline roadstrailstris

• The Runners
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2016, 08:08:21 AM »
It is funny to open a thread and w him blocked, 80% of posts are hidden.

Listened to MSNBC on the way into work and they are all very positive Clinton will win. I need to hear that optimism especially with the Trump campaign hanging around here for a few days.

I keep checking 538 and it's disconcerting to see Trump creep up a little more each day. I feel like I'm watching Harry Potter and Voldemort's swords battling.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2016, 09:28:08 AM »
Especially after Nate Silver tweeted about the World Series and here we are going into game 7  :panic:

You should change the thread title to No Tom-ato thread, LOL. This is the food forum :p

Offline roadstrailstris

• The Runners
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2016, 10:31:33 AM »
Especially after Nate Silver tweeted about the World Series and here we are going into game 7  :panic:

You should change the thread title to No Tom-ato thread, LOL. This is the food forum :p

Which is why I posted here- he'll never visit this forum (I hope!).

Offline ihop

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2016, 11:06:06 AM »
Thank you.

The ignore function is good but I still see the quotes.  And I made the mistake of engaging him last week because his nonsense felt personal.  I can only blame myself.

Tuesday cannot come fast enough.  I was pretty confident last week but am losing a bit of it now. 
La madre degli imbecilli è sempre incinta.

Offline roadstrailstris

• The Runners
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2016, 11:17:32 AM »
Thank you.

The ignore function is good but I still see the quotes.  And I made the mistake of engaging him last week because his nonsense felt personal.  I can only blame myself.

Tuesday cannot come fast enough.  I was pretty confident last week but am losing a bit of it now. 

I hear you. I'm trying to keep the faith, and I've already voted, so I've done my part. But I'm getting increasingly nervous that somehow Trump will end up elected.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2016, 11:38:32 AM »
I am so anxious!  :nails:

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2016, 06:37:15 PM »
Inspired by a colleague, I think I may offer mini stress treatments on Election Day!

Offline caito

• The Runners
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2016, 06:49:29 PM »
My election anxiety is out of control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Libs are all pro-choice until it comes to something important like trash service."

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2016, 06:55:24 PM »
I wasn't nervous at all about running 26.2 on little training.  This?  It has me uber nervous.
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2016, 07:20:17 PM »
I was not nervous, but the past few days the anxiety over it has ramped up. Part of me is hoping it is just the news trying to get good ratings, but then who knows. Who knows who will actually come out and vote on election day, that is the hard part, so few people actually vote vs eligible voters, it is a crap shoot.

Offline RioG

• The Runners
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2016, 07:27:49 PM »
you guys, it is UNPOSSIBLE that he will win.  UNPOSSIBLE.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2016, 07:37:49 PM »
I really cannot imagine that that many people are like, omg some more emails, Imma gonna vote Trump instead. REALLY!???!?!

Offline roadstrailstris

• The Runners
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2016, 07:44:03 PM »
I really feel like I can't live in this country if he becomes president.

Offline caito

• The Runners
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2016, 07:48:34 PM »
I need to stop reading the news & looking at twitter but I can't. 6 more days...

"Libs are all pro-choice until it comes to something important like trash service."

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2016, 07:52:02 PM »
I cannot wrap my head around the fact that he could become president. I have not from the first day of his candidacy all those many months and months ago. I am also shocked at how he has not lost his shit in a while. We are lucky he has not been this composed the whole time, i am hoping it is too little too late. He is a disgrace to our nation and it would ruin our country. I cannot imagine what will happen to the stock market if he is elected.

Offline roadstrailstris

• The Runners
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2016, 07:52:19 PM »
I need to stop reading the news & looking at twitter but I can't. 6 more days...

Will my liver make it??

Offline caito

• The Runners
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2016, 07:55:46 PM »
I actually promised myself I wouldn't drink on weeknights this week because I feel like over the past couple of weeks I've been having a drink or 2 almost every night to relax but I think it was making me feel worse during the day. So tonight I just totally ate too much and binged on gummy candies.

Offline caito

• The Runners
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2016, 07:56:20 PM »
(I am also PMSing)

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2016, 08:16:19 PM »
I might need to take a media break until the election. I don't know if I'm capable of that, but all this prognostication is stressing me out.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2016, 08:50:47 PM »
In 2008 I took a radio break because I was going insane right before the election, but now, I dunno, I feel like I need to listen to the radio ALL THE TIME. Thank goodness I do not watch tv, I could not handle the ads.

Offline roadstrailstris

• The Runners
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2016, 08:57:51 PM »
I'm avoiding polls right now because I just can't handle it. There have been politicians I haven't liked before (GW, Romney),but no one I was so deeply afraid of having in charge of our country.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2016, 09:04:24 PM »
I'm avoiding polls right now because I just can't handle it. There have been politicians I haven't liked before (GW, Romney),but no one I was so deeply afraid of having in charge of our country.
Agreed! Shit! If Romney was on the ballot, I could see myself voting for him in THIS election.

Offline teetime

• The Runners
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2016, 09:32:09 PM »
I just read the whole thread waiting to see if you would end up baking Tom in a cake? (How is this food?)

I just had to completely disengage recently. I can't look at 538 anymore and it doesn't seem worthwhile given how little faith the probability theorists have in their own ability to estimate the probabilities. I've voted and don't know anybody voting for Trump to try and talk to ... what else is left to do?

(I am bummed my dh just confirmed his work trip for next Tuesday. I really am going to turn myself inside out watching returns alone.)

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2016, 09:36:59 PM »
Be glad you do not live in my town.  :'( All Trump fans. OUTSIDE of my town is different, but it is hard for me to remember that when everywhere i turn is a Trump sign. A handful of my very liberal friends are voting Stein or Johnson, the rest Clinton. If I have any friends voting Trump, they can no longer consider me their friend. Those are not my ethics, morals or ideals and I do not want to be friends with anyone who shares beliefs with Trump.

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
Tom-free thread
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2016, 09:49:17 PM »
Here, read this and distract yourselves.

Wolf Head crotch underwear "make man looks sexy and wild"

Offline teetime

• The Runners
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2016, 10:26:17 PM »
My dh just came home and I greeted him with this wolf underwear. Many thanks :)

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2016, 10:26:47 PM »
My dh just came home and I greeted him with this wolf underwear. Many thanks :)

WERE YOU WEARING IT??!?!?!

Offline teetime

• The Runners
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2016, 10:28:11 PM »
WERE YOU WEARING IT??!?!?!

That would have been even better!! (Alas, no.)

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2016, 06:03:26 AM »
So Nate Silver tweeted last week that Trump has as much of a chance of winning as the Cubs do the World Series.  :panic:

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2016, 09:27:31 AM »
Hmm, that's not good.

Offline witchypoo

• The Runners
  • benign librarian overlord
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2016, 04:54:45 PM »

Offline wherestheportojohn

« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2016, 08:52:11 PM »
:roll:

I did not expect this in the food forum.
On, Wisconsin

Offline roadstrailstris

• The Runners
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2016, 02:56:50 PM »
:roll:

I did not expect this in the food forum.

There has to be a refuge somewhere!  ;)

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2016, 05:04:58 PM »
The biggest disaster from that last hurricane was getting him back in the CH, especially at this time.  I'm thinking of calling in the National Guard.

Offline Dagstag v 2.0

• When last seen zhe was crossing the event horizon
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2016, 06:10:48 PM »
The biggest disaster from that last hurricane was getting him back in the CH, especially at this time.  I'm thinking of calling in the National Guard.

:heartbeat:

Offline roadstrailstris

• The Runners
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2016, 07:48:10 PM »

:D
It was so pleasant without him.

Offline DocBuzzkill

• Help me, I'm melting....
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2016, 03:59:40 PM »
Please excuse my untoward exuberance, but...

I AM SO GLAD TO SEE THIS THREAD IS STILL WORKING!   :rah:

#notallprogressives

Offline wherestheportojohn

« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2016, 04:08:47 PM »
 :preen:
On, Wisconsin

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2016, 05:43:39 PM »
 :preen:

Offline McG

« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2016, 06:25:02 PM »
I'm sorry everyone that I seem to have set off the Neener Neener Brigade.

McG has the perfect comedic touch: reserved only for just the right moments. - tazawa

Offline roadstrailstris

• The Runners
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2016, 06:25:31 PM »

You are definitely not the problem here.

Offline DocBuzzkill

« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2016, 06:41:19 PM »

That's an awesome moniker!

#notallprogressives

Offline McG

« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2016, 06:42:13 PM »
I'm sure it will be "taken back" very soon.
McG has the perfect comedic touch: reserved only for just the right moments. - tazawa

Offline Dagstag v 2.0

« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2016, 05:47:13 PM »
Not crazy about his associates of late, either.

Offline roadstrailstris

• The Runners
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2016, 06:11:31 PM »

Birds of a feather...

Offline Cool Foot Luke

• The Runners
    • The Promise of Living
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2016, 12:41:54 PM »

But everything is so funny! :D
If you all weren't a buncha killjoys who take everything way too serious...

( :eyeroll: )
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 01:01:16 PM by Cool Foot Luke »

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2016, 12:57:18 PM »
Hiya Luke  :heartbeat:

Offline Dagstag v 2.0

« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2016, 01:15:22 PM »

But everything is so funny! :D
If you all weren't a buncha killjoys who take everything way too serious...

( :eyeroll: )

beat:

You forgot to mention that you are not on Facebook, though :d

Offline caito

• The Runners
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2016, 01:21:59 PM »
Hiya Luke & Dagstag!  :)

Offline hally

• NTTAWWT
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2016, 01:39:10 PM »
I didn't even know this was here.
He is tiresome, I don't even bother opening anything.
And goodb ridance to xero's blatherings too.
“A good coat is like a good lawyer. it covers your ass.”_Jack Reacher, Without Fail

"There is no bad weather, only bad clothing choices"_hally

ZiggyStardust

« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2016, 01:40:32 PM »
An honest question about the significance of safety pins shouldn't be deemed offensive :shrug:

And an explicitly non-political thread that got turned into an attack seemed uncalled-for to me. But that's just my own opinion.

I prefer to process events in real life, myself. But that's just me. As far as I know, I haven't been trying to derail the political-processing threads. Others offer up the occasional quip (Kenny Cheewa comes to mind) without repercussion.

I'm  welcome in this thread, right?

Offline Dagstag v 2.0

« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2016, 02:39:02 PM »
Fuck yeah, you're welcome.  This thread definitely needed more feigned ignorance and condescension.

Offline DocBuzzkill

« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2016, 02:44:04 PM »
Fuck yeah, you're welcome.  This thread definitely needed more feigned ignorance and condescension.

This thread needs a Powerpoint!  ;) :D

« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 02:54:44 PM by CharlesRiverBlowfish »

#notallprogressives

ZiggyStardust

Tom-free thread
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2016, 03:04:51 PM »
Honi soit qui mal y pense!*

I'm puzzled at how well you claim to know what I know (but don't reveal, because I'm tricksy like that), and my propensity to condescend.

My spidey sense tells me this is a subtle way of telling me you all would be happier without me, but I do hope that's a misinterpretation, or that you'd be direct if that were your true intent.

I like the image, CRB! It's cute, and oddly flattering that you spent time creating a tribute-of-sorts to me! :D

*not a Mike Pence reference! :D**

**wide-grin emoji indicates a joke, not a condescending belief that anyone here truly thinks I'm giving a shout-out to Mike Pence. This comment itself is intended for clarity, not condescension, to illustrate purposeful emoji usage.

Offline onawhim

• The Runners
« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2016, 06:07:23 PM »
I would be happier if ignore included thread titles. 
Because PANTS

+-SUPPORT US