Forum > Running

Men's Olympic Trials Marathon 2 weeks out

<< < (11/11)

CheryG:
Walmsley's training has fascinated me. It's like he only runs at race pace twice a month?

Coyote Mas Loco:

--- Quote from: SnarlyMarly on February 29, 2020, 05:25:04 PM --- :sidesplit:

Race was exciting.   With 1.5 to go I thought  AA’s legs looked iffy.

--- End quote ---

yeah looked like he was falling apart and that was almost a walk of sorts, but those guys were going sub 5s

diablita:
The lead packs were amazing to watch.  Very little form breakdown from any of them where we were watching which was close to the top of the course so one of the hardest spots: they came up a looooong hill, crested then down a short hill to the turnaround, then back up again before the next long down.  We had a couple of the mortals drop to the ground by the ATC staffer next to us, then get back up to gut it out.  I'm not surprised that by the time they got close to the finish they were on their last legs.

Coyote Mas Loco:
I guess I never updated a prediction list so this is just seed times-

2:06:07 Galen Rupp (1st)
2:07:56  Leonard KORIR  (4th)
2:09:09 Scott Fauble (12th)
2:09:25 Jared Ward (27th)
2:10:36  Jacob RILEY (2nd)
2:10:37  Jerrell MOCK (dnf)
2:10:53  Parker STINSON (dns, and his MIL is really really REALLY mad at him, something about an encounter with a 'barfly' 10 days before OTs)
2:10:56  Andrew BUMBALOUGH (dnf)
2:11:10  Matt MCDONALD (10th)
2:11:14  Matt LLANO    (38th)
2:11:14 Scott SMITH     (19th)
2:11:38  Brendan GREGG (14th)

Ward and Fauble falling off and 43 year old Abdi finishing third were the biggest surprises here. I thought Riley might make top 6, esp after Stinson Stinsoned the start.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version