Author Topic: Is this crazy?  (Read 16891 times)

Offline Rochey

• Administrator
Re: Is this crazy?
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2014, 04:59:13 PM »
Honestly, getting up around 4:00 is just normal for me now.  It's taken my body a couple of years to adjust, but now I start waking up around 4:00 regardless of what time I have to actually get up.  The flip side is that by 9:00p, I'm done.  Last night I told everyone else in the house that i didn't care what time they went to bed, but I was going to sleep and to leave me alone.  I think that was around 8:40.   :D The 6-year-old came in to get "kissies" and I'm not even sure she brushed her teeth before bed.

Chris the Wheeler

« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2014, 07:14:16 AM »
Overachievers

Offline Chasing Amy

• The Runners
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2014, 08:49:19 AM »
I am a morning person so it's not the early hour that would get to me - it's running 20 miles before a full day of work.  I could do it as a one off thing, but I would fully expect to not be particularly productive that day.

Offline Fionn mac Cumhail

• The Runners
  • El Superbeasto
    • The 44-40s
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2014, 03:04:43 AM »
I actually think that I'm way more focused after a 20 miler...I have more energy in the middle of the night, anyway, which let's face it, 3am is....a long run before work always made/makes me feel downright high...

Offline MoCo

• I Can't now, I'm Busy Posting
  • la la la
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2014, 11:15:31 AM »
I'd want to stay up to run at that time, rather than getting up that early.  I kind of hate mornings and wish I could work a later set of hours so I could sleep late every day.

But add me to Team Nap After Long Runs.  And since I normally run after work, my body tends to want to go to sleep a few hours after EVERY workout.  I ran before work a few weeks ago (only an hour) and I nearly face planted at my desk by late morning.
I prefer thoughtful, long form written journalism.   Or memes.

Offline joan

• The Runners
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2014, 07:33:59 AM »
Not crazy at all. Nope. I would do this and we all know I'm not crazy.

And neither am I.

Agreed. I've done 20-22 milers before work numerous times, though never starting before 4:30-4:45...........slacker compared to MoS's people!

+-SUPPORT US