Author Topic: Shoes! What are you running in right now?  (Read 18877 times)

Offline Handsome Jack

• The Runners
  • All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy
Re: Shoes! What are you running in right now?
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2013, 01:14:10 PM »
back in Keyano 19s
Winner of the 2022 Azzhat of the Year award

Offline arc918

• The Runners
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2013, 07:59:15 PM »
After 20,000 miles in Brooks (mostly Adrenalines, with a bit of Pure Cadence at the end) in and now in Hoka Bondi B

I tried the Stinson Evo Tarmac and HATED them. I swapped them for the Bondi B and I like them ok (I'm ~ 250 mile in now). I did not instantly love them, but now that I'm used to them I run in them every day.

Offline 70.3

• I really have a life. It's around here someplace....
Shoes! What are you running in right now?
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2013, 08:29:06 PM »
Strictly a Saucony girl ..used to get the rides but   Now wear Triumphs..
Life is not a dress rehearsal (Magic Hat #9 beer cap)

iwuzwilson

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2013, 01:33:01 AM »
After burning through the uppers on 2 pr of Brooks Adrenaline at only 250 miles each I am trying Asics GT 2000 for late summer. Also use DS Trainer and their flat for racing. Just got a pair of DS racers for Equinox. My son works at the store here!

Offline Carson

• The Runners
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2013, 09:19:13 AM »
I am slowly coming around to liking my Mizuno Wave Rider 16s now that I have over 500 miles on them and I can't find another pair of 13s anywhere on this earth. I use them for easy days.

Like Rochey, I like the Brooks Launch for tempo type sessions and for longer races.

I also just picked up a pair of the Mizuno Wave Sayanoras. They are really lightweight, almost like a racing flat. I've used them for some faster sessions. They have a little lower drop than I am used to and I feel it in my calves, though not as much lately as opposed to my first couple of runs in them.

Offline Alf Tupper

• The Runners
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2013, 09:29:38 AM »
Asics Gel Foundation 9 or 10 I think. Need a new pair soon but shoe prices here in Ireland are nuts. I'll wait until my move to London and then get another pair of Gel Foundations.
I have run in Foundations forever. 
If you lose one sense, your other senses are enhanced.

That's why people with no sense of humour have an increased sense of self-importance.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2013, 11:55:05 AM »
After 20,000 miles in Brooks (mostly Adrenalines, with a bit of Pure Cadence at the end) in and now in Hoka Bondi B

I tried the Stinson Evo Tarmac and HATED them. I swapped them for the Bondi B and I like them ok (I'm ~ 250 mile in now). I did not instantly love them, but now that I'm used to them I run in them every day.
took about 50 miles on the shoes to get used to them. I love them.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline duckgeek

• The Runners
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2013, 12:25:23 PM »
Nike Zoom Elite 6.   My legs have been doing quite well in them this summer with no foot, ankle or calf issues.  Definitely not racers as they have kind of a clunky feel to them.

I should probably snap up a couple more pairs with the next Nike clearance coupon (currently $87)

Offline simpleman

• The Runners
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2013, 12:55:59 PM »
Altra Instinct  - zero drop wide wide wide forefoot.  Tried to get my wife to try them but she refused saying they look like clown shoes.

Offline crazypants

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2013, 01:21:35 PM »
Brooks GTS 12. They last, they're light and silent.

Offline Arrojo

• The Runners
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2013, 09:45:48 PM »
I've only worn Asics since 1974 (back then they were called Tigers).  For distance running, I rotate Asics Gel 13 and Asics 2000.  I also have Asics Racing Flats (forget the model) for track workouts, and Asics spikes for sprinting.  Innov-8's for trail running (got a good deal from a friend).
I would get drunk on Bud Light with Dylan Mulvaney.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2013, 07:41:19 AM »
Altra Instinct  - zero drop wide wide wide forefoot.  Tried to get my wife to try them but she refused saying they look like clown shoes.
she would not say that if she saw the Hokas! LOL. DH calls them moonboots :D
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline JBM

• When last seen zhe was crossing the event horizon
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2013, 10:34:09 AM »
Meri  -
My friend owns a running store and he had the Hoka rep come to the store a couple of weeks ago. She brought in a bunch of shoes and about 10 of us put on Hokas and went for a 5 mile run. I didn't really care for them. I guess if I was on a trail that might be a different - I see them on trail runners, the road not at all. Then of course she asked after what I thought. They didn't fit well for some reason. I wear a 7.5 in running shoes and those were huge so she gave me the 7s. They were still big. I keep calling them moon boots as well. One of the guys has huge feet and the shoes were just monsters. Light as anything though.

I am wearing a Brooks Glycerin on the road and I love them. For trail I'm wearing the Brooks PureGrit.  :runner:

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2013, 03:49:43 PM »
Hmmm. I am a road runner and the Bondi Bs are road shoes. I tried the trail ones and did not like them. I may try the new trails ones that just came out. I dunno. I am not running anything technical any time soon. Just run of the mill single track. Mine are pretty true to size, i wear a women's 11 and for long runs/races i go up to a 12 and i am in a Hoke mens 10.5

Offline ihop

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2013, 04:02:19 PM »
Mizuno Wave Inspire after several years in the Wave Nirvana.  I love them.

I am thinking about trying the Asics DS trainers again.  I went through a few pairs and they did an upgrade a few years ago (4? 5?) that did not work for my foot.  I haven't tried them since.
La madre degli imbecilli รจ sempre incinta.

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2013, 08:14:04 AM »
Meri  -
My friend owns a running store and he had the Hoka rep come to the store a couple of weeks ago. She brought in a bunch of shoes and about 10 of us put on Hokas and went for a 5 mile run. I didn't really care for them. I guess if I was on a trail that might be a different - I see them on trail runners, the road not at all. Then of course she asked after what I thought. They didn't fit well for some reason. I wear a 7.5 in running shoes and those were huge so she gave me the 7s. They were still big. I keep calling them moon boots as well. One of the guys has huge feet and the shoes were just monsters. Light as anything though.

I am wearing a Brooks Glycerin on the road and I love them. For trail I'm wearing the Brooks PureGrit.  :runner:

DH got some a year ago, for trails.  He did not like them, either.  Only used them for a few runs.  He is going to put them up on eBay.

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2013, 01:16:17 PM »
Well, I think I can call this a failed experiment. The past couple of runs my shins have been hurting. That never happens to me and I haven't increased my mileage lately. Today I ended up with blisters on the balls of both of my feet. Again, that never happens. I guess I'll be ponying up the dough for a pair of Glycerin 11s. Maybe I'll keep the triumphs for those days I do 3-4 miles. Wah. I'm annoyed.

Offline RioG

• The Runners
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2013, 01:49:19 PM »
Strictly a Saucony girl ..used to get the rides but   Now wear Triumphs..

This used to be me... but I've not been impressed with Saucony lately.   Their cushioning seems to have disappeared and the shoes don't hold up.  The mesh is getting holes quite quickly for me, and it's not like I abuse them.  I don't get it.

I just bought a pair of Brooks Glycerin 10's.  I couldn't believe the level of cushioning compared to the saucony's.  Now, maybe not everyone likes that much cushioning, I don't know, but I do.  I'm not fast enough to care if the shoes slow me down a bit. 

I tried the brooks because I have a pair of brooks trail shoes that are great.  I think I might be a convert, until I drop some weight at least.

Offline redkitty

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2013, 01:52:42 PM »
This used to be me... but I've not been impressed with Saucony lately.   Their cushioning seems to have disappeared and the shoes don't hold up.  The mesh is getting holes quite quickly for me, and it's not like I abuse them.  I don't get it.

I just bought a pair of Brooks Glycerin 10's.  I couldn't believe the level of cushioning compared to the saucony's.  Now, maybe not everyone likes that much cushioning, I don't know, but I do.  I'm not fast enough to care if the shoes slow me down a bit. 

I tried the brooks because I have a pair of brooks trail shoes that are great.  I think I might be a convert, until I drop some weight at least.

I agree with this. I used to be strictly Saucony and this year I bought some Brooks.  I actually lucked out and found last year's model for really cheap. normally my shoe size is gone by the time they get cheap.  saucony's have just been disappointing and it was time for a switch. My trail shoes have always been Brooks, so it wasn't a huge leap of faith for me to switch once I found a pair I liked.  Unfortunately most of the other brands do not fit my feet well, so brooks and Saucony's are pretty much the only two brands that seem to fit well (I tried on Mizunos once, but never bought them, so long term those might be ok, but have been too cheap to experiment in case I hate them.)

Offline Magic Microbe

• The Runners
  • Californiaing Arizona since 2018
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2013, 05:14:04 PM »
asics 2000 but they rub my on my little toes...The 2170s I had before were way better. I dont know what to do though because last time I changed brands I got PF and most of the shoes out there are too wide for me.

+-SUPPORT US