Author Topic: Shoes! What are you running in right now?  (Read 18875 times)

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
Shoes! What are you running in right now?
« on: September 02, 2013, 02:43:45 PM »
I've long been a brooks girl. But, Picked up two pairs of Sauconnys recently. Mostly because I couldn't find last-year's models of the brooks online. So far I'm really loving both the kinvaras (wore them to track today) and the triumphs (worn yesterday on a longer run). Will be interesting to see what I find myself reaching for for my half next week.

I love brooks and am feeling a little like a cheater.

I will say the sauconny style is not as visually appealing to me. Though, I've never put much stock in that.

Offline Richard21142

• The Runners
Re: Shoes! What are you running in right now?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 03:23:31 PM »
My daily runs are in New Balance M890s.  There have been trainers that I liked better, but I've been getting them for $40 on ebay (list $100).  I'm racing in Asics Piranha SP3.  These I absolutely love.

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 03:30:56 PM »
Brooks Ghost
Nike Pegasus
Asics Kayano
Mizuno Wave Rider

Offline witchypoo

• The Runners
  • benign librarian overlord
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 03:37:49 PM »
brooks ghost, brooks cascadia, brooks pure grit

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 03:53:57 PM »
Hoka One One Bondi Bs. :D
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline cgraz

• The Runners
  • Invisible since 2001.
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 04:06:54 PM »
Brooks, Ravenna. Love them.
This space for rent.

Offline nadra24

• The Runners
  • Quacker's Boss
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 04:41:55 PM »
Currently I have a pair of Mizuno Wave 16 that give me blisters on my middle toes, even after sizing up half a size.  I am not running enough right now for that to really make a difference though.  I don't love them and probably won't buy another pair.  I may try the Brooks Ravenna next. 

Offline Suesquatch

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2013, 05:30:11 PM »
I am devoted to Saucony.  Now I am alternating three pair of Triumph.  The old ones so they're $70 a pair, not $125.

Offline Annoying Ultrarunner Wannabe

• The Runners
Shoes! What are you running in right now?
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2013, 05:32:00 PM »
Pearl Izumis

Offline caito

• The Runners
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2013, 05:37:08 PM »
Brooks Adrenaline, Brooks PureCadence2.  Thinking about throwing a Mizuno Inspire into the mix but not til after the marathon.   Also may throw in the Brooks Ravenna then too.  Eagerly anticipating Brooks' new shoe coming out in February, the Transcend.
"Libs are all pro-choice until it comes to something important like trash service."

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2013, 06:11:31 PM »
Oooooh tell me about the transcend!

I am waiting for the glycerine 11's and ghost 6's to hit the clearance rack. :D

Brooks HQ is being built about 5 blocks from me- I run by it almost every day. So I think I'll continue to be a brooks devoty even if I do  :heartbeat: the saucs too!

Offline caito

• The Runners
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2013, 06:20:25 PM »
Glycerin 11 and Ghost 6 were just released in June, so it will be awhile before you find them on sale.  Also, Brooks is very devoted to run speciality shops and intentionally keep their shoes off the bargain internet and brick & mortar retailers.   Brooks has their shit together.  Very organized and strategic.  I love them.   And they are the fun shoe company.

The Transcend will eventually replace the Trance.  The Trance is a high cushion stability shoe.  The Transcend will be similar, but they are taking out the medial post (this is usually what provides the stability) and are using some other technology and design instead.  They are saying it will be the "ultimate float experience."  :D

"Libs are all pro-choice until it comes to something important like trash service."

Belgian Lace

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2013, 06:38:58 PM »
Asics GT-2000.  That's it.

Caito, has Asics reworked the Nimbus?  A giant retailer had the 15's marked as stability and the 14's as neutral - but I couldn't get too upset because, well, I'm not trusting or buying anything from a place called "Dick's."  And also because they ain't my shoe.

Offline caito

• The Runners
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2013, 06:50:59 PM »
Giant retailers suck at selling running shoes because they don't know their shit and put up dumb signs like that.  The Nimbus 15 is still a high cushion neutral shoe.  The Kayano is the Asics' high cushion stability shoe. 

The GT-2000 2 is coming very soon.  Yes, they decided to call the new version 2000 (space) 2.  Let the confusion begin!

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2013, 06:52:13 PM »
I've had good luck buying the prior year models straight from brooks. That's how I got my glycerin10s. My ghost5s I paid full price for. I just bought a second pair of 5s for $70 from brooks directly. So, I'm assuming I'll be able to do that with the current ones as well. There were gly10s about a month ago and I should have just bought them, but hedged, and now they are gone. :(

Offline Rochey

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2013, 08:07:37 PM »
Brooks Ravenna 4 for regular training and I just started back up with the Launch for speed.

Offline kevin871

• The Runners
    • My Running Log
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2013, 08:34:59 PM »
Alternating between Brooks Pure Cadence and Pure Flow

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2013, 10:37:08 PM »
Brooks Glycerin and PureConnect 2.
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline CheryG

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2013, 05:45:02 AM »
For rocky trails Saucony Ride.
For roads/moderate or just rooty trails Kinvara 3
For the plush wooded trail by my house New Balance Minimus.

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2013, 07:23:06 AM »
Glycerin 11 and Ghost 6 were just released in June, so it will be awhile before you find them on sale.  Also, Brooks is very devoted to run speciality shops and intentionally keep their shoes off the bargain internet and brick & mortar retailers.   Brooks has their shit together.  Very organized and strategic.  I love them.   And they are the fun shoe company.

I definitely think that is true for their shoes.  I do find brooks running clothes at TJMaxx and Marshalls, though.  And Sierra trading post sells their shoes.

+-SUPPORT US