Forum > Food

what's on the table these days?

<< < (2/5) > >>

redkitty:
I am also in a rut so anxiously waiting to here from others. But tonight I think I am making a creamy Parmesan sauce to go on pasta. I call it the poor man's alfredo (it probably has a real name, but as I just "made it up" one day on my own I have no idea what it is.)  It is essentially alfredo sauce, but I do not use cream. I use 1% milk. I  also use a ton of garlic because I love garlic.  I do not like creamy sauces, so this is somewhat thick.  you need to scoop it onto the pasta, you can't pour it over the pasta...though if you wanted to, you could just use more milk.  I can get the sauce done while the pasta is cooking, so it is nice, fast, easy meal.

nadra24:
Oven chicken fajitas is my go-to lately.  Slice up an onion, a couple of peppers, and two chicken breasts.  Drizzle with a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil and sprinkle with fajita seasoning (I make my own with garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, pepper, and a bit of salt).  I do this in a bowl, but you could do it directly in the pan/cookie sheet.  Two chicken breasts and two peppers fits in a 9x13 pan, if you're feeding more people than that you'll probably want to put it on a cookie sheet.  Bake at 425 for 45 minutes, stirring halfway through.  When it all comes out of the oven, squeeze the juice of a lime over everything.  Serve with tortillas (if you want) and your favorite toppings.  I like sour cream, kenyan likes guac.

wherestheportojohn:
Once a week, I do boneless/skinless chicken thighs:

In a ziploc, i Marinate thighs in spicy mustard (something like Koop's horseradish dijon mustard) for at least an hour. Discard bag/mustard at next step.
Roll in a mixture of seasoned italian breadcrumbs,  Panko breadcrumbs, and a few red pepper flakes for more kick.
Place on cookie sheet.
Spritz each thigh with olive oil (not necessary, but it gives nice crispy color)
Bake at 450 for 20 min, then lower temp to 425 for another 5-10 min.

I serve ours either with baked sweet potatoes or (for me) forbidden rice....dh gets brown rice mixture. And some sort of salad or grilled veggies.

merigayle:
I think the past 4 weeks I have made a roasted vegetable curry, yum

caito:
Rotisserie chicken.   Eaten standing up at the counter. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version