Forum > Food

Wine recommendations

<< < (38/39) > >>

caribougrrl:
anyone here ever had a Lacrima? we bought this recently:

and it is unlike any wine I've ever had... heavy of orange blossom on the nose (if you've had any middle eastern orange blossom water flavoured desserts or salads, you know exactly the smell) and tastes nearly sweet but feels very dry... it was confounding in the best possible way... I really liked it, but it seemed both important to not think to much about it, and also impossible to not think to much about it

I may need to buy a case to see how it ages. Also, I've never seen it before and may never see it again out here, so it might be worth the investment.

rocketgirl:
Is it a red or a white? 

Wikipedia was not helpful:  Lacrima is the Latin word for tear. It may refer to: Lacrima (grape), a rare red wine grape variety native to the Marche region of Italy. Asprinio Bianco or Lacrima, a white Italian wine grape variety grown primarily in southwest Italy around the Naples region of Campania.

(I have actually made a Middle Eastern rice pudding with orange blossom water and it was not "enough" for me.  Although technically the recipe called for rose water, but I couldn't find any and substituted.  Makers 46 bourbon has some orange blossom on the nose to me sometimes - I guess some barrels or years get more of that than others).

caribougrrl:

--- Quote from: rocketgirl on January 13, 2021, 01:18:00 PM ---Is it a red or a white? 

Wikipedia was not helpful:  Lacrima is the Latin word for tear. It may refer to: Lacrima (grape), a rare red wine grape variety native to the Marche region of Italy. Asprinio Bianco or Lacrima, a white Italian wine grape variety grown primarily in southwest Italy around the Naples region of Campania.

(I have actually made a Middle Eastern rice pudding with orange blossom water and it was not "enough" for me.  Although technically the recipe called for rose water, but I couldn't find any and substituted.  Makers 46 bourbon has some orange blossom on the nose to me sometimes - I guess some barrels or years get more of that than others).

--- End quote ---

the one I had was a red... I love orange blossom water, but it was a mindf*ck on the wine.

I think I have told you this before, but all I can ever smell with bourbon is ripe banana.

rocketgirl:
Yeah, I can see how "red" and "orange blossom" would be completely unexpected.

Rejaneration:
I have not had a Lacrima but it sounds interesting. Your description reminds me of a Slovene wine - Teran - https://the-slovenia.com/gastronomy/wine/top-slovenian-wine-teran/  which has that same citrus burst.  It is an acquired taste but really good in the right circumstances.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version