Forum > Food

Clafouti, Pavlova, and other summer desserts

<< < (2/3) > >>

caribougrrl:

--- Quote from: merigayle on August 22, 2018, 10:20:56 AM ---could i substitute hazlenut meal? I Have a bag of that from when i make dacquois.

--- End quote ---

I don't see why not!

That reminds me I've been meaning to make the dacquois you posted ages ago.

merigayle:
DD asks for it all the time  :roll: It is so much work but good for a special occassion.

Ice Cream:

--- Quote from: BonitaApplebum on August 22, 2018, 09:17:42 AM ---Today I learned the plural of clafoutis.

--- End quote ---

:rotfl:

merigayle:

--- Quote from: merigayle on August 22, 2018, 06:45:39 AM ---Sleeping dog on my lap-- just found this recipe on pinterest, may make this one too! https://juliasalbum.com/peach-and-blueberry-greek-yogurt-cake-recipe/

--- End quote ---
I made this and it was good. Not astounding, but we had friends over for dinner and everyone enjoyed it. It was basically a vanilla cake with fruit on top.

DocBuzzkill:
I made mini-pavlovas earlier this summer when strawberries were in season: scoop of vanilla ice cream in the center of the pavlova with strawberries over that. I think I used Martha Stewart’s recipe for pavlova.  My mom often made these as a dessert foundation. We called them “meringues” in the Midwest.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version