Forum > Food

The Perpetual Preserving Thread

<< < (2/3) > >>

merigayle:
Interesting RA!

We have canned pickles and jams and followed all the rules. There are a lot of rules. I do not have a pressure canner though, or i would can more. I have a huge water bath pot. I usually freeze the tomato sauce.

nadra24:
I think my very favorite food in the whole world is my mom's homemade bread with strawberry freezer jam. It's so delicious! I've also made freezer jam with frozen blackberries and it turned out really well. I like freezer jam a lot better than canned jam, it really does taste so much more like fresh fruit.

I grew up eating home canned peaches, pears, and applesauce. When I was little my mom also did green beans, which I hated but now would probably like. I've put up peaches myself, but I always forget about them and they don't get eaten. Maybe this summer I will get together with my aunt or my sister and help them put up their peaches, and just do a few pints for myself.

The Turtle Whisperer:

--- Quote from: Run Amok on June 18, 2018, 06:42:33 PM ---

I am also thinking we will do a pineapple chipotle tequila infusion for summer margaritas. A restaurant up the street does this and it is ridiculously good.

--- End quote ---

Say wha???

Have you tried this yet??? 

Run Amok:

--- Quote from: The Turtle Whisperer on July 15, 2018, 12:56:52 PM ---Say wha???

Have you tried this yet??? 

--- End quote ---

Not yet!

I agree Nadra! Im hoping to do some raspberry before we miss the season.

BonitaApplebum:

--- Quote from: nadra24 on July 15, 2018, 01:33:42 AM --- I grew up eating home canned peaches, pears, and applesauce. 

--- End quote ---

MMmmmmmmm same. So good. I can't do store bought but home canned? Yum! My mom's applesauce is THE BEST.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version