Forum > Food

Grocery shopping

<< < (2/6) > >>

Rochey:
Negative.  Which is why I use our curbside pickup almost every weekend.  I can place my order while sipping on coffee in my kitchen and then pick it up later.  But then, I'm not a very creative cook, which is why I can't plan meals on the fly like you. 

BonitaApplebum:

--- Quote from: Rochey on June 12, 2018, 10:45:53 AM ---Negative.  Which is why I use our curbside pickup almost every weekend.  I can place my order while sipping on coffee in my kitchen and then pick it up later.  But then, I'm not a very creative cook, which is why I can't plan meals on the fly like you.

--- End quote ---

This is how I feel about most other forms of shopping -- I am an avid Amazon Prime user. I seriously can't be bothered to go to CVS or Target!

DocBuzzkill:

--- Quote from: BonitaApplebum on June 12, 2018, 07:54:46 AM ---I was in Wegman's yesterday when I posted that, which is pretty much peak grocery shopping experience for me.

--- End quote ---

I enjoy shopping at our neighborhood Roche Brothers.  This particular store was remodeled this past winter with even more improvements, sort of like a small-scale Wegman's.  The produce selection, including organics, the seafood, and butcher counters are excellent.

I also really like shopping at local venues like our farmers' market, Allandale Farm, and the Droubi Bakery a.k.a. Bob's Pita.  Then there are the destination markets: the Boston Public Market/the Haymarket (I stop at both since they are adjacent), and India Market in Waltham.  Ooooh, and the little markets in the North End!  I'll make a trip to the North End for squid ink pasta and wind up buying plenty of other items not on the short list.

BonitaApplebum:

--- Quote from: DocBushwell on June 12, 2018, 01:09:51 PM ---

I also really like shopping at local venues like our farmers' market, Allandale Farm, and the Droubi Bakery a.k.a. Bob's Pita.  Then there are the destination markets: the Boston Public Market/the Haymarket (I stop at both since they are adjacent), and India Market in Waltham.  Ooooh, and the little markets in the North End!  I'll make a trip to the North End for squid ink pasta and wind up buying plenty of other items not on the short list.

--- End quote ---

I'll add Russo's in Watertown to that list.

Wait, where is the India Market? There is a pretty decent Indian store in Franklin, but I'm in Waltham a lot.

rocketgirl:
Not really.  And if I am going to a big box store or big generic grocery store, I HATE that so many have chronic issues with being out of stock of things (this is you Target), produce being on the edge of expiration (Target, WalMart) or poor/no selection of generics (pretty much everyone but WalMart).  I'm doing good to even make it to the store; I don't generally want to go to multiple stores.

Although I'll admit there are a couple of smaller fancy grocery places that have some really lovely meat and produce.  But you can't buy a canned good to save your life.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version