Forum > Food

Looking for homemade salad dressing recipes

(1/2) > >>

Natasha:
Does anybody want to share what they do for salad dressing? I keep trying but somehow can’t get it to taste as good as restaurant quality. They are either too tart or too greasy, too thin, or flavorless. And I like most types of dressing, except for Russian.

radial:
Most of the time, I just use an emulsion of olive oil and vinegar.  Fresh lemon or lime juice is a good sub for the vinegar, and I actually prefer that when it's available for squeezing.  Plus salt, pepper, and maybe other herbs and spices according to what you like.  It's not for everyone, but my current fav is a dash or two of the Jamaican Jerk Seasoning from The Spice House. 

Natasha:

--- Quote from: radial on June 02, 2018, 05:52:57 PM ---Most of the time, I just use an emulsion of olive oil and vinegar.  Fresh lemon or lime juice is a good sub for the vinegar, and I actually prefer that when it's available for squeezing.  Plus salt, pepper, and maybe other herbs and spices according to what you like.  It's not for everyone, but my current fav is a dash or two of the Jamaican Jerk Seasoning from The Spice House.

--- End quote ---

That’s pretty much what I did. Olive oil, juice from one lime, a little mustard and a little honey, and salt to taste. I just can’t get the proportions right. Oh, and I added a little vinegar because I thought it needed it.

I’ve tried. I can make a decent mayonnaise. But salad dressings, especially vinaigrettes, usually aren’t quite right.

seattlegirl:
I like the dressing from this lentil salad:

https://cookieandkate.com/2014/lemony-lentil-and-chickpea-salad-with-radish-and-herbs/

Natasha:

--- Quote from: seattlegirl on June 03, 2018, 11:31:05 AM ---I like the dressing from this lentil salad:

https://cookieandkate.com/2014/lemony-lentil-and-chickpea-salad-with-radish-and-herbs/

--- End quote ---

Thanks! I just made it and it’s similar to what I tried before but much better. Its a better oil/acid ratio. And I wasn’t using enough flavorings.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version