Forum > Food

Your Favorite Low Carb Recipes

(1/5) > >>

omega lambda:
We've been eating low carb for about 9 months, so I am always looking for new ideas.  Whachu got? :D

This is a breakfast one that I recently threw together and now it's a favorite:

Italian-ish Zucchini Scramble

Bit of olive oil - I use a Misto, so I just spray the pan
1 small, grated zucchini
1/2 clove garlic crushed
4-6 eggs, beaten
salt
pepper
1 oz grated cheese; I use an Asiago, Parmesan, Romano blend
1 tbsp chopped, fresh parsley (I prefer Italian flat leaf)

Saute the grated zucchini and let it brown.  Add garlic and saute for about a minute then add eggs and mix well in the pan. You can scramble it or make it more like a frittata if you prefer. When the eggs are nearly cooked, sprinkle with cheese.  Add parsley just before serving.   

BonitaApplebum:
That looks good.

This isn't a recipe, but when my family eats pasta with red sauce, I've been cubing mozzarella cheese and then spooning a generous amount of sauce over it for my serving. The hot sauce makes the cheese nice and melty. Rao's jarred sauce is a little spendy but it's really good, has no crap in it, and is low carb, so it's a nice easy meal in minutes.

diablita:
I try to follow paleo guidelines as much as possible so I have a ton.  One favorite is to cook cauliflower rice in some coconut oil and Better than Bouillon and add sauteed shrimp and tons of fresh veggies, like shiitake mushrooms and sliced peppers.

BonitaApplebum:
I am making lamb kofta (meatballs) tonight. I keep it super simple, ground lamb with an egg to bind it together, seasoned liberally with Penzey's Balti blend (coriander, garlic, ginger, cumin, dundicut chilies, Ceylon cinnamon, brown mustard seeds, cardamom, clove, fennel, fenugreek, charnushka, ajwain, star anise, black cardamom, cilantro, anise seed and bay leaf -- copied that from the website!) and salt. I make small balls and bake for 20 minutes, and finish under the broiler. Then I serve with a tzatziki sauce I make with Greek yogurt, garlic, cucumber, and a little lemon juice.

Run Amok:
I basically just cut out the carby stuff. Like I eat pasta sauce over veggies instead of pasta. I eat stir fry without rice. That kind of thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version