Forum > Food

Holiday Party Cocktails/Punch

<< < (3/3)

witchypoo:
a friend of mine served a delicious punch at her xmas bash last year.  she rattled off the recipe to me, and i can't remember it at all!  but the name of it was quite distinctive, so i'm gonna go see if i can find it on the marvelous interwebs.

witchypoo:
oh, nevermind.  it's absolutely chock full of liquor!  i can't think of a way you'd substitute.

U.S.S. Richmond Punch

6  lemons
1 1⁄2 cup superfine sugar
2 cup strong-brewed black tea (use 2 teabags, 16 oz water)
2 cup dark Jamaican rum
2 cup VS or VSOP-grade Cognac
2 cup Ruby port
4 oz Grand Marnier
1500 ml soda water or Champagne

omega lambda:

--- Quote from: witchypoo on December 07, 2017, 07:15:08 PM ---oh, nevermind.  it's absolutely chock full of liquor!  i can't think of a way you'd substitute.

U.S.S. Richmond Punch

6  lemons
1 1⁄2 cup superfine sugar
2 cup strong-brewed black tea (use 2 teabags, 16 oz water)
2 cup dark Jamaican rum
2 cup VS or VSOP-grade Cognac
2 cup Ruby port
4 oz Grand Marnier
1500 ml soda water or Champagne

--- End quote ---

I would love that!

caribougrrl:
last year for New Year's we did a punch bowl of elderflower fizz, which could be mixed with vodka or gin as desired, but was good virgin too:

1 part elderflower cordial (we used Bottlegreen brand)
1 part fresh-squeezed lime juice
3 parts soda water

our usual go-to holiday punch is white wine sangria, but I don't think it's possible to create a virgin version of that...

omega lambda:

--- Quote from: caribougrrl on December 10, 2017, 11:47:02 AM ---last year for New Year's we did a punch bowl of elderflower fizz, which could be mixed with vodka or gin as desired, but was good virgin too:

1 part elderflower cordial (we used Bottlegreen brand)
1 part fresh-squeezed lime juice
3 parts soda water

our usual go-to holiday punch is white wine sangria, but I don't think it's possible to create a virgin version of that...

--- End quote ---

I love elderflower liquer, so I think I would really like this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version