Forum > Food

umami

(1/3) > >>

Ice Cream:
I bought some umami paste at Trader Joe's a while ago, and finally tried it last night with rice.  It's delicious!  I'd like to get more, but TJ is not all that close. Anyone have some suggestions about where to get something similar online?
Or any experiences with umami powder?

Run Amok:
I'd check Amazon or Dean and deluca. Or just stock up next time you're at TJs. They used to have a veg version I loved and miss!

Ice Cream:
Dean and Delucca is a good idea!!

Natasha:
I picked some up today based on your recommendation.

If you do end up going back, the amarena cherries are sooo good. I had been looking for Luxardo cherries--had an old-fashioned at a bar and didn't like it until I got to the cherry, and it rocked my world--anyway, couldn't find them anywhere, so decided to try these out. They are not the same, but I think they are just as good... especially at a price of $4 vs $20.

Run Amok:

--- Quote from: Natasha on December 04, 2017, 07:39:48 PM ---If you do end up going back, the amarena cherries are sooo good. I had been looking for Luxardo cherries--had an old-fashioned at a bar and didn't like it until I got to the cherry, and it rocked my world--anyway, couldn't find them anywhere, so decided to try these out. They are not the same, but I think they are just as good... especially at a price of $4 vs $20.

--- End quote ---

I picked up a jar yesterday too and I agree on both accounts. Not quite the amazing texture of the luxardo cherries but pretty close actually. I also picked up the truffle honey mustard. No idea what to do with it but it sounds amazing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version