Forum > Running

Olympic Tri winner Gwen Jorgensen switching back to running

(1/3) > >>

Coyote Mas Loco:
This has generated as much or more buzz than Shalane Flanagan's win at NYC the other day. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2017/11/07/olympic-triathlon-champion-gwen-jorgensen-switching-marathon-ahead-tokyo-games/839784001/

What are they saying on the tri-webs?

Runners are skeptical and keep pointing to her height (5'10") and 2:41 at NYC last year (off of just 40 miles a week, with long run of 16), and saying that she doesn't stand a chance to even make the team. Some are on the bandwagon.

I'm intrigued. 53:13 and 3rd in USA road 10 mile champs last year. That shows good potential for the full.

Coyote Mas Loco:

--- Quote from: RandMart on November 08, 2017, 02:29:15 PM ---http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Big_Gwen_announcement_tomorrow_P6474935-2/

Skeptical, mostly

Hard to say who the Top 3 would even be at the Trials 2 years and change from now

Does she have any idea of the doping involved to win a marathon gold?

She’s joining Nike

--- End quote ---

Ha ha, funny!

SnarlyMarly:
I got to see her run at Worlds ITU
2 years ago, I was more wowed by her performance than watching either of the Olympic Trials that I observed.  It will be interesting to see what she does

SnarlyMarly:

--- Quote from: SnarlyMarly on November 08, 2017, 04:02:07 PM ---I got to see her run at Worlds ITU
2 years ago, I was more wowed by her performance than watching either of the Olympic Trials that I observed.  It will be interesting to see what she does

--- End quote ---

Oops meant 2014.  When she got off the bike so far back.  The intensity that she ran was WOW!!

2015 was actually boring.  Got off the bike with the leaders...knew she had it.

nadra's babydaddy:
Did she quit after getting punched while moonwalking (potentially on the wrong side of the road!) at a tri??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version