Author Topic: August resolutions thread.  (Read 17950 times)

ZiggyStardust

Re: August resolutions thread.
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2017, 06:47:22 PM »
I'm pleased and proud to say that I've never watched an episode :D. I know who they are, because it was all over media and social media a few years back. MTV sucketh.
I watched it when I was on maternity leave, I think. That and the Duggar family show on TLC were always on! It helped numb me on those days when I wondered, "is this day almost over yet?" ...and then looked at the clock to discover that it was only 8 am. :D

siamesedream

« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2017, 06:52:55 PM »
I watched it when I was on maternity leave, I think. That and the Duggar family show on TLC were always on! It helped numb me on those days when I wondered, "is this day almost over yet?" ...and then looked at the clock to discover that it was only 8 am. :D
:yikes:
North Korean torture methods include forced viewings of the Jersey Shore and The Duggar Family.

ZiggyStardust

« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2017, 06:57:44 PM »
:yikes:
North Korean torture methods include forced viewings of the Jersey Shore and The Duggar Family.
And caring for a small, difficult human. :D

But, in general, I try to stay up to speed on as many different things as possible. It either allows me to talk about anything in social situations or renders me a real-life Bran Stark. ;)

siamesedream

« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2017, 10:31:21 PM »
And caring for a small, difficult human. :D

But, in general, I try to stay up to speed on as many different things as possible. It either allows me to talk about anything in social situations or renders me a real-life Bran Stark. ;)

You have gifts.

Meanwhile, me, I can do anything i want here. HAHAAHA. Shixt.

ZiggyStardust

« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2017, 05:13:27 PM »
You have gifts.

Meanwhile, me, I can do anything i want here. HAHAAHA. Shixt.
You *could* even truly curse! ;)
I never do--most folks these days curse because they lack a decent vocabulary. My dad used cursing artfully in daily life, as punctuation. Sadly, my "daily life" often involves seeing parents of my kid's peers, parents of students/former students, or past/present students. It's bad enough that many of me former students work at package stores or as bartenders...they always seem surprised to see a teacher buying snobby beer! :D

siamesedream

« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2017, 05:22:51 PM »
You *could* even truly curse! ;)
I never do--most folks these days curse because they lack a decent vocabulary. My dad used cursing artfully in daily life, as punctuation. Sadly, my "daily life" often involves seeing parents of my kid's peers, parents of students/former students, or past/present students. It's bad enough that many of me former students work at package stores or as bartenders...they always seem surprised to see a teacher buying snobby beer! :D

That was my Brutal curse ;). I have a friend who likes to post articles about how frequent use of profanity is a sign of intelligence. He also likes to post Oprah-like platitudes and inspirational quotes on his FB wall.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 10:01:25 PM by siamesedream »

ZiggyStardust

« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2017, 05:31:34 PM »
That was my Brutal curse ;). I have a friend who likes to post articles about how frequent profanity is a sign of intelligence. He also likes to post Oprah-like platitudes and inspirational quotes on his FB wall.
Brutal was never interesting--blues talk and track stars from, like, the 1800s.
You should quit FB--it's a circle-jerk of bubbletude! :D

siamesedream

« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2017, 05:32:38 PM »
Brutal was never interesting--blues talk and track stars from, like, the 1800s.
You should quit FB--it's a circle-jerk of bubbletude! :D

I tend to agree. ;)

siamesedream

« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2017, 07:35:18 PM »

ZiggyStardust

« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2017, 07:44:43 PM »
I bet you got that lame .gif from Facebook :eyeroll:
;)

siamesedream

« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2017, 07:49:18 PM »
I bet you got that lame .gif from Facebook :eyeroll:
;)
I'm now going to use this forum to make fun of the other forum!

ZiggyStardust

« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2017, 08:01:24 PM »
I'm now going to use this forum to make fun of the other forum!
I wouldn't know...this is the only forum I frequent...unless you're talking Open Pub vs Yammering (not CH vs FB). Open Pub is less a forum than a stretch of tumbleweed-strewn desert, like where Snoopy's brother lives. :D

siamesedream

« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2017, 08:08:59 PM »
I wouldn't know...this is the only forum I frequent...unless you're talking Open Pub vs Yammering (not CH vs FB). Open Pub is less a forum than a stretch of tumbleweed-strewn desert, like where Snoopy's brother lives. :D

Yes, but I'll rip FB too ;).  All message boards and forums eventually end up as tumbleweed-strewn deserts, just look at the PRT/Kickrunning. 

+-SUPPORT US