Author Topic: Instant pot?  (Read 221893 times)

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
Re: Instant pot?
« Reply #620 on: September 04, 2017, 10:53:24 AM »
I like IC's idea about doing corn in the microwave but I haven't tried it yet.  That would work great for me because I'm mostly cooking for just one or two people.

You place then in the MW with the husk, 3-4 min, then turn and another 3-4 min.  Then remove husk and cool. 

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #621 on: September 04, 2017, 06:10:36 PM »
I made this tonight and it was tasty.
http://instantpoteats.com/sri-lankan-coconut-cabbage/
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline radial

• Passed on to another Brane
  • Non Sine Causa
« Reply #622 on: September 04, 2017, 06:14:42 PM »
I made this tonight and it was tasty.
http://instantpoteats.com/sri-lankan-coconut-cabbage/

Hmm, that looks good.  I wonder how it would turn out without the shredded coconut.  I have all the other ingredients. 

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #624 on: September 04, 2017, 07:01:46 PM »
Hmm, that looks good.  I wonder how it would turn out without the shredded coconut.  I have all the other ingredients.
probably totally fine!
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline hally

• NTTAWWT
« Reply #625 on: September 06, 2017, 03:42:34 PM »
I cook corn like I boil eggs. I get the water boiling, put them in, find 23 other chores to do, and forget them. The IP prevents that and screams at me when it's done.

Two minutes, and the timer on my microwave beeps until I turn it off. I can't accomplish much in two minutes and don't go that far from the kitchen because of it.
“A good coat is like a good lawyer. it covers your ass.”_Jack Reacher, Without Fail

"There is no bad weather, only bad clothing choices"_hally

Offline Coyzmum

• Borderline
« Reply #626 on: September 30, 2017, 08:38:26 PM »
So, I finally joined/followed an Instant Pot site on Facebook and have tried a few recipes.  The first ones were pretty safe in my opinion, a roast and also beef bourguignon which is basically a cut up roast as far as instructions go.  But tonight I did jambalaya with Andouille sausage and shrimp.  And the rice went in also.  I was afraid the rice would not cook correctly, but I followed the instructions and it turned out awesome.  I've never made jambalaya period so I can't compare to making it stove top, but I was impressed with the result.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #627 on: October 01, 2017, 07:40:23 AM »
yay!

Offline The Turtle Whisperer

• has no fucks to give
People put a lot less effort into picking apart evidence that confirms what they already believe.

The money is in the division. Always has been, always will be. Divide and rule, the politician cries; unite and lead, is the watchword of the wise.

Offline leggova

• The Runners
  • When did my wild oats turn to prunes and all bran?
« Reply #629 on: October 02, 2017, 10:47:50 PM »
I have stopped using mine. Never really got into it. Maybe it is because my kitchen is too small it needs to be put in the cupboard.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28991768@N00/

"A life, Jimmy. You know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #630 on: October 03, 2017, 08:52:08 AM »
That's why I haven't purchased one: no space on the counter means I'd be lugging it out and in...and then wouldn't.
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #631 on: October 03, 2017, 01:57:01 PM »
Mine doesn't live on my counter. But I do use it often enough to lug it in/out. Of course, I haven't cooked a single meal in weeks. And it will probably be a few weeks yet before I do.

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
« Reply #632 on: October 04, 2017, 07:42:26 AM »
Mine isn't on the counter, either, but I use it at least three times/week.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #633 on: October 04, 2017, 11:47:48 AM »
Mine isn't on the counter, either, but I use it at least three times/week.
1 same

Offline onawhim

• The Runners
« Reply #634 on: October 05, 2017, 07:18:55 PM »
That's why I haven't purchased one: no space on the counter means I'd be lugging it out and in...and then wouldn't.

yep
Because PANTS

Offline The Turtle Whisperer

• has no fucks to give
« Reply #635 on: October 08, 2017, 11:54:02 AM »
It's a bit of a beast, no doubt.  Our laundry room is basically attached to the kitchen so i can use shelves in there to house stuff.  I bought an extra interior pot and glass lid so even more storage room needed.

So far it's been worth it.  I'll go months without using it and then use it 3 times a week for a month. 
People put a lot less effort into picking apart evidence that confirms what they already believe.

The money is in the division. Always has been, always will be. Divide and rule, the politician cries; unite and lead, is the watchword of the wise.

Online Suesquatch

• Administrator
« Reply #636 on: November 04, 2017, 04:56:47 AM »
So I see them priced from $60 to $160.  Clues? Differences?  Thanks.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #637 on: November 04, 2017, 10:29:38 AM »
So I see them priced from $60 to $160.  Clues? Differences?  Thanks.
probably size and # of functions, not all have yogurt function for example.

Online Suesquatch

• Administrator
« Reply #638 on: November 04, 2017, 03:54:27 PM »
probably size and # of functions, not all have yogurt function for example.
Gotcha. I just pulled out my low tech pressure cooker.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #639 on: November 04, 2017, 04:36:07 PM »
Gotcha. I just pulled out my low tech pressure cooker.
I had used a stove top one for 10 years prior to the IP and what I like about the IP is that i do not have to baby sit it and that i can make yogurt in it.

+-SUPPORT US