Forum > Food

What do you make from scratch on a regular basis?

<< < (19/19)

picote:

--- Quote from: RioG on September 20, 2020, 07:14:08 AM ---Does it have enough sugar?  That's usually what mellows the acidic off taste I've found.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

It has honey in it, but that’s a good point. When I smelled the premade mustard it definitely has a sweeter smell. Will try adding more honey.

RioG:
In just going by my experience with tomatoes.  It takes a surprising amount of sugar to make the soup/sauce etc taste good.  I go with it because it's definitely less sugar than store bought and obviously better overall since it's home grown

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

picote:
I’m happy to report that with a night to mellow, it’s looking much more promising! DH was even willing to risk it on a sandwich, which is a first. Unfortunately the sandwich was so full of pepperocinis (see my business Costco discovery in the garden thread) that he couldn’t fully evaluate the Mustard, but it was definitely on the acceptable scale. Still a bit pungent, but I think it’s a good start.

picote:
Bumping this thread to say that the book Make the bread, Buy the butter is on sale for $1.99 on kindle and I’m probably 10 years behind, but I feel like I found my person! And in reading her stories about her mom, I think we may have been raised by the same mother too! I keep making my DH read excerpts and he finally told me he’s getting ptsd every time he reads it.  :roll: The egg/chicken chapter is especially poignant.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version