Forum > Food

What if you knew a cookie would take 20 minutes to run off?

<< < (3/3)

rocketgirl:
Conceptually, this bothers me.  I just do not think that way, nor do I want to.  A chocolate bar is not evil and exercise is not punishment.  If however you are eating and however you are moving are not working for you, change it, but this is not a battle between good and evil.  And a person is not good or bad for not having found a societally-approved balance.

That said, when I used so cycle regularly with a group who regularly stated "Eat to ride; ride to eat", they passed around one of those calculators where you can select what all you eat for Thanksgiving dinner.  Of course the point was to calculate how many miles you'd need to ride to burn off the over-indulgence of the holiday meal.  Whereas, I was "OMG!  It takes an ENTIRE Thanksgiving dinner to fuel a metric century!"  I will admit I was having a hard time getting a handle on how much more I needed to eat to ride ever-increasing distances while also training for a sprint triathlon.  So, it was kind of shocking.

Magic Microbe:
Exercise is not a punishment for what I have eaten. That is the definition of an unhealthy relationship with food.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version