Forum > Food

"Newfie" Homestyle Cooking and Baking

(1/80) > >>

caribougrrl:
I will save my rant about the use of the word newfie, particularly by Newfoundlanders who've moved away and only have a nostalgic relationship to this place... but...

I have been invited to join a FB group called Newfie Homestyle Cooking and Baking... with >20k members... as much as I love the spiral bound cookbooks church ladies' groups put together for fundraising, I have no interest in contributing to this group, and I am certainly not going to walk away with any good recipes.

OTOH, there are some real gems being posted every day.

Like Anita's Orange Crush Salad

and Dorothy's French Dressing Pasta Salad

and Catherine's "Goulash"

and at least 7 no-bake cheesecakes so far today...

so, the question is, do I join for the entertainment value, or just go on about my life like I don't even know this exists??

witchypoo:
i will admit to a certain obsession with church lady cookbooks.  my mother collects them (or she did, until her house burned to the ground - so long, cookbooks!  what a loss).  they are a great reflection of the food culture in any given area.

BonitaApplebum:
You MUST stay. For SCIENCE!!! (And for us, of course...)

radial:
Catherine, that looks ghoulishious. 

caribougrrl:

--- Quote from: witchypoo on June 26, 2019, 01:28:38 PM ---i will admit to a certain obsession with church lady cookbooks.  my mother collects them (or she did, until her house burned to the ground - so long, cookbooks!  what a loss).  they are a great reflection of the food culture in any given area.

--- End quote ---

I also love church lady cookbooks. So much, I volunteered to put one together as a fundraiser for our community garden... the garden committee decided to apply for a grant instead, but I might try again in a couple years.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version