Author Topic: Miso Ranch Dressing  (Read 3304 times)

Offline srsly

• NTTAWWT
Miso Ranch Dressing
« on: November 10, 2014, 11:00:15 PM »
Seriously guys, this is good. Especially good in spinach and radicchio salad, sprinkled with feta and chopped marcona almonds.

Rind of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lemon
3 tbs white miso
1 cup mayonnaise
3 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, finely chopped.
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.

Whisk all of the ingredients together. chill for about 15 mins before tossing 1 tbsp per 1 person salad dressing. Garnish with feta and chopped marcona almonds. You may top this salad with your fav meat, I've tried grilled and then sliced rib eye or flank steak, or pan grilled chicken tenders (marinated in lime and garlic salt), or blackened tilapia or salmon. This proportion makes about a cup ¼ of dressing. It keeps for about a week. the original recipe calls for grated zest of a ¼ of a lemon, 1.5 tbs miso, ½ cup mayo, no olive oil, ¼ chopped garlic, season with sea salt and pepper. But I like to double this recipe because it's my new favorite. And I increased the lemon juice for my own preference.
It ain't a party til mags shows up. -wonderwoman

Offline diablita

• The Runners
Re: Miso Ranch Dressing
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 10:43:04 PM »
This sounds delicious, though maybe begging for a hint of spice? 
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline srsly

• NTTAWWT
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 07:13:01 PM »
This sounds delicious, though maybe begging for a hint of spice?

You may sprinkle some cayenne pepper, but I think it's good the way it is. I used it as dressing for a wrap with grilled pork tenderloin sliced thin. I'm not tired of it yet.
It ain't a party til mags shows up. -wonderwoman

Offline witchypoo

• The Runners
  • benign librarian overlord
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 11:06:17 AM »
this sounds very nice. I am unfortunately allergic to miso... but may make it for mr. 'poo to take to work.

+-SUPPORT US