Author Topic: Sauce for Pork Tenderloin?  (Read 2340 times)

Offline floridagal

• The Runners
Sauce for Pork Tenderloin?
« on: February 15, 2022, 07:40:42 PM »

Found this recipe on allrecipes and made it with convection mode and it was delicious.  But I'd love a sauce with it - any ideas for next time?

Oh and no way did I have 4 lbs of pork tenderloin - but the recipe still worked.

Tuscan Pork Tenderloin

4 teaspoons garlic, minced 2 teaspoons dried rosemary 2 teaspoons dried oregano 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon ground black pepper 4 pounds pork tenderloin

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
Step 1 Combine garlic, rosemary, oregano, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Rub spice mixture all over the pork tenderloin. Place in a baking dish.
Step 2 Bake in the preheated oven until pork is slightly pink in the center,
Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
If I've learned nothing else, it's that people are crazy.
--RioG

Offline picote

• Exists as only Hawking radiation
Re: Sauce for Pork Tenderloin?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2022, 09:21:21 AM »
I love pork tenderloin! I use a recipe from Natasha’s kitchen that sounds very similar, but you sear the meat on the stove for about 6 min before the oven. I usually make a quick pan sauce afterwards—just add wine or chicken broth and cook down and then stir in a bit of butter at the end. It’s great and not too heavy. The searing means the pork cooks in about 15min in the oven. I think the temp is a bit lower though.

Offline floridagal

• The Runners
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2022, 11:39:15 AM »
I love pork tenderloin! I use a recipe from Natasha’s kitchen that sounds very similar, but you sear the meat on the stove for about 6 min before the oven. I usually make a quick pan sauce afterwards—just add wine or chicken broth and cook down and then stir in a bit of butter at the end. It’s great and not too heavy. The searing means the pork cooks in about 15min in the oven. I think the temp is a bit lower though.
That sounds great. I keep forgetting about pork tenderloin but it is a pretty easy weeknight dinner to throw togther
If I've learned nothing else, it's that people are crazy.
--RioG

Offline picote

• Exists as only Hawking radiation
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2022, 01:23:59 PM »
Easy and relatively inexpensive. We probably have it once a week at least. I can sear the meat while I'm doing other stuff and then throw it in the oven with some veggies right before dinner and we have a great meal in 15min.

Offline glwestcott

• I Can't now, I'm Busy Posting
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2022, 07:04:54 PM »
Slice, season, pound, flour, egg dip, panko, fry, take out of pan, wine deglaze, lemon juice, tad of chicken stock,  reduce, swirl butter, serve on bed of spinach with sauce drizzled over. OMG good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline witchypoo

• The Runners
  • benign librarian overlord
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2022, 09:57:12 AM »
saute a goodly amount of sliced onions in the pan in which the pork was cooked.  once they're fully cooked through, add a jar of peach preserves, salt and pepper to taste, a sprig or two of thyme, and stock or water or lemon juice to thin. 

+-SUPPORT US