Author Topic: Brunch!  (Read 2873 times)

Offline seattlegirl

• The Runners
Brunch!
« on: January 31, 2022, 09:52:57 PM »
What do you all like to bring to a brunch *besides* an egg-based dish?

Some girlfriends and I occasionally do potluck brunches where the host makes an egg casserole or quiche and the guests bring other stuff. I often make muffins or bring some fruit, but am always looking for new ideas.

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
Re: Brunch!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 10:03:33 PM »
I like making a cinnamon coffee cake with blueberries in it and a crumb topping.

Offline witchypoo

• The Runners
  • benign librarian overlord
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2022, 12:36:55 PM »
crumb cake or babka

Offline onawhim

• The Runners
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2022, 01:08:16 PM »
Because PANTS

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2022, 07:34:41 AM »
Coffee cakecinnamon bunsfrench toast casserole (though this is eggy)pancake or waffle boardI have a great mexican egg casserole https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/mexican-breakfast-casserole/ Made it with soy chorizo (i know this is eggs again)oatmeal or steel cut oats and toppings (in a crock pot to stay warm)
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline seattlegirl

• The Runners
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2022, 09:04:42 PM »
Mmm keep them coming. I love potluck brunch!

Offline teetime

• The Runners
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2022, 10:32:35 AM »
Bagel and lox platter!

Offline rocketgirl

• The Runners
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2022, 06:40:13 PM »
It's not technically a brunch dish, but a bread pudding topped with maple bacon is really tasty, and could definitely work for brunch. (I generally modify the Paula Deen bread pudding recipe.  (I do not use pecans.  And I use bourbon instead of brandy.  I'm not sure I use quite that much sugar either, but I don't recall.)  There are, however, eggs involved...

Smoking your own salmon filets fresh is also way better than buying the thin smoked salmon stuff from the store, even if it cools before eating.

Waffles can easily be reheated in the oven, although they are a pain the behind to make enough to really share.

Honestly, anytime my friends or I host brunch, we tend to go through a TON of bacon, and nobody minds eating it at room temp, so frying up some bacon is an option.  I'm also pretty sure people will happily eat sausage balls for breakfast as well.
Ellen stole my joy and I want it back!

Offline caribougrrl

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2022, 12:47:07 PM »
fruit salad, always with whatever the best looking fresh fruit is, but never with bananas, and always with a lime-ginger dressing (lime juice, lime zest, lots of grated fresh ginger, a bit of sugar)

apple crisp (or rhubarb crisp or blueberry crisp)

when I have lots of time: home made montreal style bagels

+-SUPPORT US