Author Topic: Brutal is over at Letsrun  (Read 1127 times)

Offline Golden God

• Turgid
Brutal is over at Letsrun
« on: June 25, 2022, 06:14:19 PM »
He was talking about his twisted railroad steel body the other day.

I felt like I was back in 2005.

Offline radial

• Passed on to another Brane
  • Non Sine Causa
Re: Brutal is over at Letsrun
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2022, 06:25:24 PM »
He was talking about his twisted railroad steel body the other day.

I felt like I was back in 2005.

:rotfl:, dude is a trip.  He called me a pencil neck one time and I actually checked in the mirror to see if he was right. 

Offline Golden God

• Turgid
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2022, 06:30:41 PM »
:rotfl:, dude is a trip.  He called me a pencil neck one time and I actually checked in the mirror to see if he was right.

He's actually mild compared to some of the other posters there!

Offline radial

• Passed on to another Brane
  • Non Sine Causa
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2022, 06:45:19 PM »
He's actually mild compared to some of the other posters there!

He certainly has a knack for getting people's dander up, but that's no crime in my book.  More like an occupational hazard if you have a mind of your own and aren't afraid to speak it.

Offline jivan

• Pubescent
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2022, 08:48:21 PM »
Was that the site RandMart always said had superior conversations vs. those in Yammering?

Offline Golden God

• Turgid
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2022, 09:12:56 PM »
Was that the site RandMart always said had superior conversations vs. those in Yammering?

Randmart is at Slowtwich. I haven't been there in a long time, but Letsrun is a shit show that resembles all message boards circa 2000 to about 2010. It's entertaining in a chaotic way.

Offline jivan

• Pubescent
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2022, 07:07:32 AM »
Ahhh, that’s it! Slowtwitch

Are Let’s Run peeps all frothy over Western States? I’ve been enjoying the coverage of that. 73-yr-old dude finished! I was hoping for Camille Herron to win for the women.
Now, like with Barkley each year, I’ll go run 3 miles and think how fun it’d be to do that race (while understanding fully that…nah, bruh! 13.1, all on pavement, is the greatest challenge I care to face these days :D )

Offline Golden God

• Turgid
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2022, 09:59:53 PM »
Ahhh, that’s it! Slowtwitch

Are Let’s Run peeps all frothy over Western States? I’ve been enjoying the coverage of that. 73-yr-old dude finished! I was hoping for Camille Herron to win for the women.
Now, like with Barkley each year, I’ll go run 3 miles and think how fun it’d be to do that race (while understanding fully that…nah, bruh! 13.1, all on pavement, is the greatest challenge I care to face these days :D )

Many of the Letsrun posters are younger and/or speed snobs. So many look down their noses at ultra running. It's the type of crowd that thinks you're slow if you run anything over a 17 minute 5k. But there are a couple threads about it.

I've never even run a half marathon so ultra is outta my frame of reference.

Offline morefoolyou

• The Runners
  • now i'm trying to get back
    • redShirt Union
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2022, 07:41:43 AM »
radial's life motto?

He certainly has a knack for getting people's dander up, but that's no crime in my book.  More like an occupational hazard if you have a mind of your own and aren't afraid to speak it.
The scientific consensus might, of course, be wrong. If the history of science teaches anything, it is humility. But our grandchildren will surely blame us if they find that we understood the reality of climate change and failed to do anything about it.

+-SUPPORT US