Author Topic: Anyone run to/from work? Pack recommendations?  (Read 10992 times)

Offline Chasing Amy

• The Runners
Re: Anyone run to/from work? Pack recommendations?
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2015, 12:54:08 PM »
Have you tried soaking in white vinegar diluted with water?  I do that to my pack every 6 months or so and it seems to work.

The entire pack or just the straps? I haven't tried this, but I do toss vinegar in the washing machine with my smelly running clothes so this is certainly worth a try.

Offline radial

• Passed on to another Brane
  • Non Sine Causa
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2015, 03:22:52 PM »
The entire pack or just the straps? I haven't tried this, but I do toss vinegar in the washing machine with my smelly running clothes so this is certainly worth a try.

I wash the whole pack.  On mine, the strap and pack are integral.  Besides, I sweat so much I soak the whole thing sometimes. 

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2015, 04:48:39 PM »
I wash the whole pack.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline witchypoo

• The Runners
  • benign librarian overlord
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2015, 04:53:50 PM »
wash the pack in a machine.

nikwax base wash works if you really can't get that stink out.

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2015, 06:52:39 PM »
I just put the packs in the washer.  Not in the drier.  As for my sandals, I have done the same thing, even with casual leather sandals.  I just put them in a mesh bag and zip it up. 

I usually do this with my sandals when the stink is so bad I am ready to throw them out, but they still look good.  Then I am willing to experiment. And the amazing thing is, they usually come out very good.  I do make sure I wash them with similar colors, though. 

Offline JBM

• When last seen zhe was crossing the event horizon
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2015, 01:26:54 PM »
I just spent a painful amount of time trying to figure this out. I'm late to the game as I have a race at the end of Sept and I might be able to test it out once. I ordered the Ultimate Direction Jenny vest and the 2L bladder from Hydrapack.

Amazon had the vest cheap and the 1.5L Hydra bladder, but the vest was not available until after 9/10 and the  UD bladder had no eta. No bueno.

I was on the UD site and the vest was full price at 124.95, but the  UD bladder was out of stock. No bueno.

In the end I went with REI and the vest is the full price, but the bladder is the Hydrapack 2L. So I'm hoping that fits. Otherwise I am screwed. And they will arrive next week. This was very draining to figure out. I suppose if I have to I can try again to order from Amazon once my stuff arrives from REI and it doesn't work out. So much for trying to get a deal. I also don't want to deal with a bladder, but I think I kind of have to accept it. I wear the belt usually with 4 bottles or occasionally use a handle held, but only for short runs and I am sick of both options.

+-SUPPORT US