Author Topic: Instant pot?  (Read 221281 times)

Offline nadra24

• The Runners
  • Quacker's Boss
Re: Instant pot?
« Reply #720 on: March 21, 2018, 06:02:04 PM »
One of my new favorites is this recipe for chicken taco bowls. I only use half a packet of taco seasoning and cut the rice down to 1 cup because there's only 2 of us, but it's tasty.

Offline Dagstag v 2.0

• When last seen zhe was crossing the event horizon
« Reply #721 on: March 21, 2018, 10:35:28 PM »
Can someone please post this Sri Lankan cabbage recipe?

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #722 on: March 22, 2018, 06:55:44 AM »
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline Dagstag v 2.0

• When last seen zhe was crossing the event horizon
« Reply #723 on: March 22, 2018, 09:07:08 AM »
Thank you! I tried the search function but couldn’t find it.

Offline RioG

• The Runners
« Reply #724 on: March 22, 2018, 09:50:54 AM »
Yesterday I made baked beans in the instant pot.  Took 60 minutes to hydrate the beans, then 30 minutes to "bake" them.  They are the best baked beans I've ever made.  I've been trying to make them for years and replicate my moms recipe.  This is the first time it worked!  They're so good.  And so quick! 

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #725 on: March 22, 2018, 11:52:14 AM »
Yesterday I made baked beans in the instant pot.  Took 60 minutes to hydrate the beans, then 30 minutes to "bake" them.  They are the best baked beans I've ever made.  I've been trying to make them for years and replicate my moms recipe.  This is the first time it worked!  They're so good.  And so quick!
recipe? though assuming not a vegetarian recipe......
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #726 on: March 22, 2018, 11:59:35 AM »
Was it an IP recipe? I have had the darndest time getting baked beans to work in my IP.

Offline cherietree

• I Can't now, I'm Busy Posting
  • What we think, we become
« Reply #727 on: March 23, 2018, 04:20:02 PM »
recipe? though assuming not a vegetarian recipe......

I second this!

Can someone please post this Sri Lankan cabbage recipe?

Make it. Right now. You will be so happy you did.

I’m making butter chicken tonight...I’m so excited!
Happiness never decreases by being shared.

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
« Reply #728 on: March 23, 2018, 06:17:52 PM »
Ooh I'm making butter chicken tomorrow. I can't wait to eat it!

Offline RioG

• The Runners
« Reply #729 on: March 23, 2018, 06:21:51 PM »
I literally just googled no soak instant pot baked beans... Def not veg but just omit the bacon and voila!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #730 on: March 23, 2018, 06:56:09 PM »
i saw a buttered chick-pea recipe, maybe i should try that for solidarity :D

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #731 on: March 23, 2018, 07:16:45 PM »
I think that buttered chicken made with cauliflower would be yummy. Maybe cauliflower & tofu? http://www.pbs.org/food/fresh-tastes/vegan-butter-chicken/

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #732 on: March 23, 2018, 07:30:22 PM »
My friend Karen sells amazing curry spice packets.  We've used the butter chicken packet for everything from butternut chicken to meat replacement to cauliflower.  I've also made fabu cauliflower goulash from one of the Moosewood Books.  Totally doable!
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline cherietree

• I Can't now, I'm Busy Posting
  • What we think, we become
« Reply #733 on: March 23, 2018, 09:00:49 PM »
All I know is that butter chicken is the BOMB.
Happiness never decreases by being shared.

Offline radial

• Passed on to another Brane
  • Non Sine Causa
« Reply #734 on: March 23, 2018, 09:05:16 PM »
All I know is that butter chicken is the BOMB.

It was good, but much too garlicky for people who need to work inoffensively with other people the next day.  I would scale back by 1/2 on the garlic next time. 

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #735 on: March 23, 2018, 09:13:20 PM »
I think that buttered chicken made with cauliflower would be yummy. Maybe cauliflower & tofu? http://www.pbs.org/food/fresh-tastes/vegan-butter-chicken/
ooooooh! Thanks! Pinned!

Offline The Turtle Whisperer

• Passed on to another Brane
  • has no fucks to give
« Reply #736 on: March 25, 2018, 07:45:20 AM »

If all I ever cooked in this thing was beans I would keep it just for that.  Nothing else comes even close. 
People put a lot less effort into picking apart evidence that confirms what they already believe.

The money is in the division. Always has been, always will be. Divide and rule, the politician cries; unite and lead, is the watchword of the wise.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #737 on: March 25, 2018, 08:46:21 AM »
If all I ever cooked in this thing was beans I would keep it just for that.  Nothing else comes even close.

Offline Natasha

• The Runners
    • Pisces Blog
« Reply #738 on: March 25, 2018, 12:29:52 PM »

Yes. Hummus, beans and rice/cornbread, and breakfast burritos have become daily staples.

Offline DocBuzzkill

• Help me, I'm melting....
« Reply #739 on: March 25, 2018, 08:45:04 PM »
Make it.

The spices in the TS recipe were rich enough for my family and even made my husband sweat, but of course YMMV.

OK, I made the two sleevers' butter chicken in my IP for dinner tonight.  Holy moly, it was goooooood!  I made minor modifications to the recipe:  I doubled it so we'd have leftovers, I used kashmiri mirch in lieu of cayenne and paprika (kashmiri mirch is a hot pepper with an intense red color like paprika and more flavor than cayenne), and bin bhuna hua garam masala (made from whole spices, including a few dried red chilis, that I ground myself).  It was all I could do to keep from tilting the serving bowl and guzzling the sauce.

#notallprogressives

+-SUPPORT US