Author Topic: Salomon shoes: Laces  (Read 10076 times)

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
Salomon shoes: Laces
« on: August 12, 2015, 05:54:31 PM »
I have a pair of Salomon trail shoes that looked like I could just replace the quick laces with regular laces.  I cut off one lace, and then tried to use regular laces...  no luck.  Are my shoes ruined now???  They have about 120 miles on them.
This is the shoe; I quickly googled it.

http://www.footlocker.com/product/model:172853/sku:327035/salomon-xr-mission-womens/score-blue/very-purple/&SID=9114&inceptor=1&cm_mmc=SEM-_-PLA-_-Google-_-327035&gclid=CNrnzI7EpMcCFYUXHwodH3YAdw

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
Re: Salomon shoes: Laces
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 04:01:50 PM »
Why won't the regular laces work? I did that with a pair of Hokas and the laces did not fit thru the hole, but a couple tools later, it worked.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline radial

• Passed on to another Brane
  • Non Sine Causa
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 05:48:55 PM »
My Hokas came with a set of regular laces in case you wanted to set them up that way vs. the speed laces that come stock.  I think they are skinnier than regular laces, but I would have to check.  I like the speed laces better, so it you want the regular ones, PM me a mailing address and I'll put them in the mail. 

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 07:18:38 AM »
I did it with the hoka shoes, too.  The openings accommodate for wider laces than the speed laces. 

This is not the case with the Salomons. The loops on my hoka shoes are just plain fabric, the salomon loops are made of stiff plastic covered with fabric.

They look like the loops from the Hoka shoes, from the outside, but they are not. I obviously found this out after I had cut off the speed lace. It's not evident.

Offline caribougrrl

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 07:27:58 AM »
you can buy a salomon quicklace kit and replace with quicklace... I know it doesn't solve the problem of having quicklace, but at least you can still use the shoes...

Offline nneJ

• The Runners
  • Breathing without remorse since 1976
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 09:40:25 AM »
Can you cut the quicklace at the base (where you would tie it) and add an extension by tying a lace to it?
I can't, just can't let myself be beat by people dressed as cheeseburgers.  ~Eco Ellen

Uh. Did I just get compared to a three-year-old on a sugar high? ~debbatx

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 10:11:17 AM »
Can you cut the quicklace at the base (where you would tie it) and add an extension by tying a lace to it?u

That is what I am going to try. I still have to remove a part to try this, and it involves a hammer...

+-SUPPORT US