Author Topic: STUPID IMPROVEMENTS  (Read 18509 times)

Offline ihop

• Passed on to another Brane
Re: STUPID IMPROVEMENTS
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2014, 09:42:49 AM »
The GPS in our 4Runner is the same kind, tenacious.  Drives me insane!  You can use the voice command while driving and I would say that it works about 75% of the time.  The lovely lady inside our GPS says, "Say, street number, street name, city and state".  So we say, "123 Main Street, Los Angeles, California" and she says, "Michigan...<searching searching>...that street name cannot be found.  Would you like to start guidance?" And she has selected some random street in a random city in Michigan to direct us to.  We say, "No" and she says, "Pardon?" and we say, "No" and she says, "Would you like meto  start guidance?" and we say, "No" and she says, "Starting guidance.  You will reach your destination is 3 days."

:argh:

:

Mercy!  This would drive me nuts!  Someone warned us about the Subaru GPS before we bought our Outback - there were similar complaints.  So glad we chose not to buy that package.

And the two computers for our fridge are on order and should be here by the 24th...
La madre degli imbecilli è sempre incinta.

Offline tenacious1

• The Runners
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2014, 09:52:01 AM »
And the two computers for our fridge are on order and should be here by the 24th...

Because, you know, two computers are better than one.  :eyeroll:

Sending :shiver: thoughts your way to help you survive FL in July with no icemaker.

Offline ihop

« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2014, 10:28:52 AM »
I am buying a lot of ice!  DH drinks iced coffee when it is hot and DD has been at tennis camp last week and this week.  We go through a lot of ice!

Offline Magic Microbe

• The Runners
  • Californiaing Arizona since 2018
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2014, 11:05:13 AM »
When we bought our fridge the one that came had a broken door alarm....it would randomly start going off at 2 am. We called lowes back and told them to come give us a new one. They said we had to return it ourselves and a new one would be in the store in a month. Antag said if we had to return it ourselves it would not be returned in good condition (that thing is way too heavy for us). Magically they found a new one and delivered it.

Offline tenacious1

• The Runners
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2014, 11:21:48 AM »
Why does a fridge have a door alarm? To cut down on midnight snacks?

Offline Magic Microbe

• The Runners
  • Californiaing Arizona since 2018
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2014, 12:11:34 PM »
Why does a fridge have a door alarm? To cut down on midnight snacks?

It alarms if the door is left open for more than 5 minutes.

Every time I put groceries away and the door alarms I have flashbacks to it alarming all friggn night long.

Offline tenacious1

• The Runners
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2014, 02:55:11 PM »
Okay, that makes sense. Antag did a great job of convincing them to take it back.

I'll bet they could sell that midnight snack alarm idea though.

Offline ihop

« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2014, 01:28:06 PM »
Our fridge has two new computers and...wait for it...a new ice maker!  That is ice maker number 4 I think!

But we have ice now.  I still haven't seen the Visa card that Whirlpool is supposedly sending. 

Offline tenacious1

• The Runners
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2014, 01:49:38 PM »
Our fridge has two new computers and...wait for it...a new ice maker!  That is ice maker number 4 I think!

But we have ice now.  I still haven't seen the Visa card that Whirlpool is supposedly sending. 

Waahooo!! Just in time for August!

Offline ihop

« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2014, 03:09:42 PM »
 :)

+-SUPPORT US