Author Topic: heat + eat = review  (Read 53607 times)

Offline blue sleep

• Help me, I'm melting....
Re: heat + eat = review
« Reply #100 on: November 12, 2013, 09:30:12 PM »
I tried the wild mushroom flat bread from TJ's last year.  delicious.  But the nutrition profile was not quite what I like.

But...we eat it with a salad ;)

Actually, if you split the pizza between two people and have a big salad with it, the calorie count is pretty good.  The "profile," as you put it, isn't great though.  Tons of fat...but oh so good.
Baa, baa Blue Sleep

Offline Clementine

• I Can't now, I'm Busy Posting
« Reply #101 on: November 13, 2013, 02:22:16 PM »
We had the Amy's No Cheese Roasted Vegetable Pizza last night. I had tasted a bit of one when my nephew was having some a while ago and thought it was good. That assessment held up when eating half the pie.  :eats:  It has a caramelized onion paste (for lack of a better word) under the roasted vegetables that lends a nice flavor. DF said it wasn't cheap ($9 -- still cheaper than eating out!) so maybe I'll look for it on sale or at some of the less expensive stores in the area in the future.

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #102 on: November 13, 2013, 09:57:29 PM »
it is good!
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #103 on: November 17, 2013, 06:36:42 PM »
yesterday I took out pizza from Papa Murphy because it was DD's wish for her sleepover.  For the adults I ordered a Veggie DeLite.  We added some olives before baking.
The crust was thin and got very crispy in the oven.  It was super tasty with crushed red pepper.  I have a lot of trouble believing the calorie count was that low per slice <90 cals. 
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline ihop

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2013, 09:28:44 AM »
yesterday I took out pizza from Papa Murphy because it was DD's wish for her sleepover.  For the adults I ordered a Veggie DeLite.  We added some olives before baking.
The crust was thin and got very crispy in the oven.  It was super tasty with crushed red pepper.  I have a lot of trouble believing the calorie count was that low per slice <90 cals. 

One just opened here.  I guess we should try it!
La madre degli imbecilli è sempre incinta.

Offline redkitty

« Reply #105 on: November 19, 2013, 09:03:02 AM »
I love Papa Murphy's pizza. never had the de-lite pizza, get the regular crust. They use good cheese, which makes a big difference.  I have also had thier veggie lasagna (which you can customize) and their regular lasagna. Did not like their regular lasagna, but the veggie was good.

Offline Magic Microbe

• The Runners
  • Californiaing Arizona since 2018
« Reply #106 on: November 19, 2013, 12:53:03 PM »
I love papa Murphy's.

Offline redkitty

« Reply #107 on: November 19, 2013, 03:10:53 PM »
I had a Berolli Rustico Bake.  It was the stuffed shell vodka sauce one. It was pretty good.  Much better than the chicken parm one I posted about earlier in this thread (I still have one chicken parm left to eat.) 

Offline mango

• The Runners
« Reply #108 on: November 22, 2013, 05:31:36 AM »
I too have had Papa Murphy's pizza once -- Gourmet Vegetarian I believe it was -- which I remember was quite good.

speaking also of quite good:

coming up next: creamy tomato soup

creamy and tomatoey, the soup lived up to its name.

it also goes well with days-old crusty bread (but not so with rice), and when heated, the soup bubbles nicely (but beware, when over-heated, those bubbles will burst, and make a bloody mess inside the microwave).

on a day when it seemed like nothing could ever satisfy the hunger within, this soup did it.

funny that, and also, a fitting end to my brief encounter with Trader Joe's.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 05:51:57 AM by mango »

Offline Magic Microbe

• The Runners
  • Californiaing Arizona since 2018
« Reply #109 on: November 22, 2013, 09:32:31 PM »
Mango...why do you try to add rice to your soups?

Offline mango

• The Runners
« Reply #110 on: November 23, 2013, 06:58:50 AM »
Mango...why do you try to add rice to your soups?
I like rice; a bowl of soup on its own rarely fills me up; ergo, I add rice to the soup.

this hankering of mine probably also stems from nostalgia for my homeland, where soups and stews are usually served with a bowl of rice or have the rice already in them.

like this:

Offline mango

• The Runners
« Reply #111 on: November 25, 2013, 05:30:52 AM »
my Sunday meal:

not the best pizza, but fairly edible, except that:

1. sauce was too sweet for my taste.

2. both the sausage bits and mushrooms looked sad and lonely.

3. when heated, the crust became kinda leathery, instead of crispy, but this may well have been because I microwaved it, instead of baking it in the oven.

in other words, just what you would expect from a $2.50 frozen pizza.

Offline redkitty

« Reply #112 on: November 25, 2013, 08:42:53 AM »
I read a tip about how to make pizza crust less soggy in the microwave...put a piece of parchment paper under the pizza.  I did this a few times when reheating pizza...it works ok. It doesn't make it crispy, but it is less soggy

Offline all-smiles

• The Runners
« Reply #113 on: November 25, 2013, 03:57:44 PM »
Mmm I love the Papa Murphy's De-Lite crust and wish I could make it that way at home!
Sufficient unto the day is one baby. As long as you are in your right mind don't you ever pray for twins. Twins amount to a permanent riot; and there ain't any real difference between triplets and a insurrection.
- Mark Twain

Offline mango

• The Runners
« Reply #114 on: November 30, 2013, 05:15:55 AM »
my thanksgiving meal:

two things prompted me to buy this product: one, it was on sale, and two, 98% fat free (I am a sucker for this particular kind of shit).

again I used my beloved microwave to heat them -- exactly 44 pieces, which, according to the nutrition info on the package, amount to 400 calories -- but this time, I remembered redkitty's tip (thank you!) and put a piece of parchment paper towel on the plate onto which I then laid out my fries.

and the verdict is… well, they surely are not fresh, hot out of the fryer and perfectly crisp fries (you know, like those from McDonald's).

but, they are still fries nonetheless, and on that day, likely stoked by thankfulness, I was fairly happy with those not-so-perfect, kinda still soggy and therefore kinda also sorry-looking fries, dipped in ketchup mixed with sriracha, and served with a side of beer.

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
« Reply #115 on: November 30, 2013, 07:34:16 AM »
That was your entire meal?

Offline mango

• The Runners
« Reply #116 on: November 30, 2013, 08:37:07 AM »
That was your entire meal?

yes, why not?

Offline mango

• The Runners
« Reply #117 on: December 13, 2013, 09:57:17 AM »
greetings fooders of the CH land,

guess what showed up in the lobby this morning:

a carton of eggs does in no way fall into the category of pre-made/frozen meals, but, they do require heating and eating, which is exactly what I did: I boiled two and ate 'em.

and the verdict is: honestly, they didn't taste any different from those regular, cheaper eggs that most likely come from [gasp] factory farms.

granted, I do not have the finest taste buds, but were I to pay that much more for these eggs, it would be for ethical reasons, rather than for their nutritional and gustatory values.

Offline onawhim

• The Runners
« Reply #118 on: December 13, 2013, 10:06:46 AM »
Eggs is a weird food to leave in a lobby no?  I would have thought non perishables would be the way to go  :D  Anyway I love eggs so glad you enjoyed them. 
Because PANTS

Offline JBM

• When last seen zhe was crossing the event horizon
« Reply #119 on: December 13, 2013, 12:50:04 PM »
I try to buy eggs that are cage free and more expensive. I actually have noticed that if I try to eat the cheap eggs, I can tell the difference now. Which was an interesting observation. Same thing with fruit. I love apples and pears and I can now only eat the organic ones - I can taste the chemicals on the regular ones.

+-SUPPORT US